DIY Crayon Wreath is perfect for the classroom or your home. Learn how to make a crayon wreath for teachers. It is a great gift..
I don't know where the summer break went. It feels like the last day of the school year was just a couple of weeks ago. It came up so fast that I did not really have a chance to make any special crafts for this year's teachers. We brought in mason jars with flowers for all the teachers. Our main teacher love crafting, she even asked if she could keep our first day of school sign the first week of school to take extra photos.
I have been wanting to make this wreath for her since the first day of school. And after making this crayon wreath I realized a crayon wreath for teachers is the ideal gift. I am so excited to share with you how to make a crayola crayon wreath, which you can make with or without the branded crayons.
Supplies Needed to Make DIY Crayon Wreath for Teachers
- 9" Biodegradable Floral Craft Ring
- All Purpose Tacky Glue
- 65 Crayons
Video: How to Make DIY Crayon Wreath for Teachers
How to Make DIY Crayon Wreath for Teacher
- Determine your pattern. I debated about either doing an alternating rainbow pattern or color coded with sections of the same colors.
- Apply the tacky glue. I originally applied the glue to each crayon. Then I moved to doing large sections of the ring in glue so that I could adjust the crayons as needed.
- Glue the ribbon at the top of the wreath.
- Add your accessories. I did a small sign that I printed on the computer and glued to a piece of cardboard. I accented it with crayons
Pro Tip: Use tacky glue so you can adjust them as needed. Line up the end of the crayon with the curve of the inner section of the craft ring.
The ironic part is as soon as B saw what I was working on she asked if I could make it for her room first! So it looks like the gift for her teacher is going to have to wait again although this would be a great crayon wreath for teachers. I was so excited to pick B up from school so she could enjoy your afternoon snack and her surprise of the wreath on her door. Her reaction was priceless. And how cute are these cookies from The Princess Baker!
Looking for other crafts to work on this summer. Check out some of our other favorites including:
Need some inspiration for other teacher gifts?
Need some advice for Back to School check out this post too!
Pin for Later: DIY Crayon Wreath for Teacher