This is a sponsored conversation, DIY Sun Hat written by me on behalf of Tampico Beverages. The opinions and text are all mine.
Hello Summer! Welcome to one of my favorite seasons. During the summer you can find us on the beach in the morning and at the pool in the afternoon. With a red headed daughter, I am always trying to keep her skin protected from the sun. She found this floppy sun hat in my closet and she was in love. So, I thought it was the perfect DIY project for us. We customized it with the perfect saying for summer, "Squeeze the day" to coordinate with one of her favorite drinks, Tampico Old Fashioned Lemonade with Lime. We introduced B to Tampico fruit last summer when we made DIY Crayon Wreath and she loved it.
DIY Sun Hat
I have seen similar hats last summer and could not wait to make one. There are so many fun saying to add to your hat. Some of my favorites besides Squeeze the day include:
- Life is Sweet
- Do Not Disturb
- Tropical State of Mind
- Beach Hair Don't Care
- Hello Sunshine
Supplies for DIY Sun Hat
- Beach floppy hat
- Disappearing ink pen
- Hot glue gun and glue
How to Make DIY Sun Hat
- Find a font you like and print out your saying.
Pro Tip: Use a cursive style font. You can skip this step, but it is nice to have a template to use.
- Determine your spacing around the outside of the hat and width.
- Use the disappearing ink to write out your saying.
Pro Tip: If you use a colored hat like pink or red the ink disappears quickly. I ended up doing one letter at a time.
- Apply the hot glue along the letters and immediately place the twine over the hot glue and hot in place.
Pro Tip: The hot glue dries quickly so for larger letters like the S I did the top half completely and then did the second half of the S. If you mess up don't worry you can easily remove the hot glue and redo it.
- Last step - Pour yourself a large glass of Tampico Old Fashioned Lemonade with Lime and enjoy! In March, Tampico rolled out an exciting new brand refresh with a fun and color logo and branding, but with all the same great flavors! Their Old Fashioned Lemonade with Lime is the perfect combo of sweet and tart to enjoy by the pool or at the beach. Most importantly, this mommy and child approve!!!
What a fun, and easy to make hat! The Lime Lemonade sounds delicious! It is sooo hot, what a treat to sit by the pool sipping on lemonade!
Michele Michael says
Too fun. I have some funny stuff I need to say on a hat too. Thanks for posting at Funtastic Fridays
Thank you. Love to know what you would write.
Michele Michael says
What I would write is Coastal Bohemian, Go on an Adventure or Sheller.
Love it. Perfect for your blog name
What a cool project! Your hat turned out SO good! I would never think to do this, now I have to try.
Let me know if you try it. It has been on my list for a year and I love it.
Merry K. says
Such a super cute idea! I need to make some of these for my lake friends.
Thank you. It would be the perfect hat to write Lake life on for them.
Susan Bolden says
Wow, Such a super cute idea! I need to make some of these for my kids. Hope so my kids also love it.