For a long time, B has been in love with the Troll's characters especially Princess Poppy and DJ Suki. I love the music, the message, and of course these adorable characters too. Since fall is coming we have been starting to brainstorm about Halloween costumes already.
If you have followed me on Instagram, you know B likes to wear multiple costumes. We often celebrate Halloween with lots of different parties. B likes to dress up the week or two leading up to the big night. And dressing up with costumes from B's Dress Up Closet is one of her favorite activities especially when friends come over.
These Troll's hair headbands are so easy to make. They would be the perfect favor for a Trolls birthday party or class party. How cute would it be to see a big group of kids all wearing them? They would also make the best party favors for a birthday party!
Items Needed for DIY Trolls Headband
- Spool of tulle. We bought two: hot pink for Poppy and orange for DJ Suki
- Tampico Tropical Punch - To quench your thirst while having fun!
- Felt - Green for Poppy and white for DJ Suki
- Blue faux flowers
- Hot glue gun
- Circle to trace
Video: How to Make DIY Trolls Headband
How to Make DIY Trolls Headband
- Cut your tulle into 20 pieces that are all about 24" long. Pro Tip: Wrap your tulle around a book. By wrapping it around the book you will be able to cut multiple pieces at once. By using this technique all of the pieces will be the same length.
- Tie each piece of the tulle around the headband
- Tie the string around the top of the tulle
Pro Tip: For the leaves create a template out of paper so they are all the same size. Use this template to trace the patterns on the felt.
Pro Tip: Use a piece of ribbon to measure the length of the white strip. You want it to go from ear to ear. Use a circle to trace your ear phones. We used the top of a mason jar for the perfect size.
Use your hot glue gun to apply your felt accessories.
Want more DIY Projects?
Looking for other DIY Projects? Check out some of our other