This post is sponsored by Babbleboxx. School is back in session which means it is time to get back to cooking easy dinners for weeknights that even your kids will enjoy.
I have put together some of my family's favorite meals that you can make generally in 30 minutes or less. Do you see any of your family's favorites on the list? If we are missing your favorite, please let me know. We would love to add it.
Easy Weeknight Dinners for Kids
All of these dinner ideas remind me just how lucky we are to be able to provide meals for our families. September is Hunger Action Month. It is a time when the Feeding America® network joins forces with national public to bring awareness as well as inspire action to help people facing hunger. Millions of Americans are still struggling to keep food on the table. For these families planning their menu is not a choice, instead they have to make a choice between feeding their family and paying for things like medicine, home bills and childcare. No one should have to make these impossible choices.
Feeding America is the largest hunger-relief organization in the United States. They have a network of 200 food banks and 60,000 food pantries and meal programs. Together they provide meals to more than 40 million people each year. In addition to direct support they also support programs that prevent food waste and improve food security among the people they serve. They also educate the public about
the problem of hunger; and advocate for legislation that protects people from going hungry. To get more information please visit www.feedingamerica.org, find them on Facebook or follow us on Twitter.
This southwest salad is a perfect meal for the family because even if your kids are little and don't eat salads yet, they can get all the ingredients separately.
Open Faced Sandwich
My mom did not enjoy cooking, we use to joke that hot counts as a hot meal. This open faced turkey sandwich is best served hot and makes a yummy lunch or dinner. This is another meal that you can easily customize with the toppings that each person in your family enjoys this most.
We do taco Tuesday almost every week. I love it that you can make it just how each family likes it. My hubby likes crunchy tacos, I like to make a salad, and our kids like soft tacos.
Ranch Chicken and Vegetables Sheet Pan
I am all about a sheet pan meal because it means less dishes to clean up. This ranch chicken and vegetable sheet pan is delicious and super simple to prepare which is a win win.
One Pot Pasta with Broccoli and Ham
If your family loves pasta this One Pot Pasta with Broccoli and Ham is another easy recipe that you can customize with your favorite veggies. It is also delicious with peas.
This recipe for Stuffed Peppers is one of my personal favorites. I love peppers!! I happen to be the only one in my house, if you have members of your family who do not like peppers you can use mixture over rice or pasta too.
This Tahini Dressing is very simple to make. All you need to do is combine these ingredients
½ cup tahini
2 tablespoons soy sauce or tamari (or coconut aminos)
2 tablespoons white wine vinegar
1 teaspoon maple syrup or sugar
½ teaspoon garlic powder
½ teaspoon finely grated ginger (peel with a spoon, then use fine grater)
3 to 4 tablespoons warm water
Whisk together all ingredients, adding enough warm water to get it to come to a creamy consistency. Store up to 1 month refrigerated.
Mighty Sesame Squeezable offers two types of Tahini:
- Mighty Sesame Organic Tahini- Tahini is a creamy sesame seed paste. I love this squeeze bottle. And that this Tahini has only one ingredient that packed with all the nutrition and taste you need. Simply shake and then squeeze. It is great on all sorts of dishes from veggies to smoothies and of course hummus, the possibilities are endless. It is organic, gluten free, vegan and non-GMO.
this creamy sesame seed paste on your all your favorite dishes from veggies and salads to smoothies and hummus, of course.
- Mighty Sesame Harissa Tahini- They also offer a whole seed tahini mixed with Harissa Spice in the same great squeeze bottle. It is an easy way to add flavor to any dish. You can use it as a dressing, dip or a spread.
Chop Chicken Bowl
We learned about this meal idea from hot lunch at school. It is one of our daughter's favorite hot lunches we started to make it at home. They are simple to make. Simple add the following ingredients to your bowl.
- Sour Cream
The only downside is that rice can take so long to cook and if you are not careful you can burn the pan like I have done a number of times. Thanks to Minute Rice this meal is super simple. They make wholesome rice quick and easy to make. As a mom I also love that it just includes quality rice and not bad chemicals. You can find them at retailers like Walmart, Target, Kroger, Publix and more.
They have two types that come perfectly portioned in a single serving cup. The single serving cups allow you to eat directly out of them too. They are ready in 90 seconds or less:
- Minute Ready to Serve White Rice which is a traditional family favorite.
- Minute Ready to Serve Brown & Wild Rice with a nutty 100% whole grain.
Breakfast for Dinner
Pancakes for Dinner
We love pancakes for dinner. They are quick to make and a crowd pleaser. King Arthur Baking Company includes the highest quality ingredients for the most delicious baked goods including pancakes. The best part all you need to do is add water and then bake. They also come in a resealable and recyclable pouch so you can make as many as you would like. They have two types:
• Buttermilk Pancake Mix - They are made with real buttermilk and sourced non-GMO.
• Confetti Pancake Mix - Their confetti mix is perfect for a celebration. Their colorful sprinkles have no synthetic colors or artificial ingredients with only 5 grams of sugar.
Healthy Egg Muffins
This recipe for healthy egg muffins is another great way to easily customize everyone meal without a lot of extra work on your part.
Spinach Egg White Frittata with Double Chocolate Muffins
We are always trying to add more vegetables into our diets. Thanks to Veggies Made Great products getting your family to enjoy more veggies is easier. The first and primary ingredient in every one of their products is vegetables. Some are hidden, like zucchini and carrots in their Double Chocolate Muffins, or the highlight of the product like spinach and roasted peppers in their Superfood Veggie Cakes. Their products are Gluten Free, Soy Free, Peanut & Tree Nut Free!
• Spinach Egg White Frittata: Our Spinach Egg White Frittata are vegetarian and packed with spinach, tomatoes, onions and red bell peppers! They are high in protein with 5 grams, Gluten Free and only 70 Calories . If your family has allergies these are a great option. They are also Keto friendly.
• Double Chocolate Muffins: These muffins are so yummy you will never guess that they have veggies in the first two ingredients. But they have both zucchini and carrots packed in them. Making them great for picky eaters too.
Now is a great time to try both of these products, check out these coupons.
Bacon and Sausage Quiche
When I first attempted to make this Bacon and Sausage Quiche I was nervous I thought Quiches were hard to make, I was so wrong. They are so easy and delicious.