This recipe for Turkey Stuffed Peppers includes healthy stuffed peppers with ground turkey and rice.
Last month I shared about our new favorite weekend activity, shopping at the Farmer's Market. We love going to the one in downtown Boca. In the post I shared the The Top 10 Reasons to Shop at a Farmer's Market. Going to the Farmer's market has really connected us with local farmers. It so easy for everyone to eat fresh produce year round, thanks to Florida farmers. We were challenged to follow the fresh. Did you know the following fruits and vegetables are currently in season:
- Bell Peppers
- Sweet Corn
So today I am sharing one of my favorite recipes Turkey Stuffed Peppers. The recipe is so easy to make and the entire family will love it. While you are at the store you can also pick up the ingredients for some of these other recipes:
- Strawberry and Vanilla Yogurt Bark.
- Turkey Stuffed Pepper
- Avocado Egg Salad
- Sausage Soup with Vegetables
- Minestrone Soup
Turkey Stuffed Peppers
Ingredients for Turkey Stuffed Peppers
Since we are working to incorporate more vegetables into every meal I substituted cauliflower rice for regular rice. As always I waited to share the substitution with my family until after they are enjoyed the entire meal. I added in sweet corn to my turkey mixture because it is another vegetable that is in season right now, but this is optional. You could add in other vegetables that you family loves if they are in season. I cannot wait to add in tomato in the future.
How to make Turkey Stuffed Peppers
See the complete step by step instructions below. This dish is so easy you can even have your kids help with it. It has two main steps. First you make the turkey and cauliflower rice combo. It is so yummy B had a bowl of it while we waited for the peppers to cook. Next time I might even double the recipe so we have some of the turkey and cauliflower rice as a separate meal. The second part is cooking the peppers with the turkey and cauliflower combo.
Pin for Later: Turkey Stuffed Peppers
Stuffed bell peppers with ground turkey
- 1 lb ground turkey breast
- 1 package riced cauliflower
- 1-¼ cup Chicken Broth separated
- ½ cup tomato sauce
- ¼ cup Fresh cilantro leaves chopped
- 1 Tablespoon olive oil
- 3 Ground Cloves minced
- ½ onion diced
- 2 teaspoon ground cumin
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- ½ teaspoon ground black pepper
- 2-3 bell pepperz halved and seeded
- 1 cup Mexican cheese shredded
- 1 cup sweet corn
- In a large pan heat olive oil over medium heat. Saute onions with garlic until browned.
- Add ground turkey, cumin, garlic powder, salt and pepper to the onions. Cook until the turkey is fully cooked.
- Once the turkey is cooked, add cauliflower rice (uncooked), tomato sauce, 1 cup of chicken broth, and chopped cilantro. Combine everything together in the pan and then cover. Simmer over medium heat for 15 minutes.
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F while the turkey is simmering. Wash, slice the bell peppers in half. Remove the seeds.
- Place the bell peppers in a baking dish. Fill each half with as much turkey-cauliflower filling as you can. Pour remaining ¼ cup of chicken broth into the baking dish and cover with foil (tightly).
- Bake at 400 for 20 minutes. Then remove the foil, add shredded cheese to the top of each pepper. Bake another 10 minutes. Serve immediately.
Leave a Reply