The holidays are here which means so many of my favorite things, including festive decorations, family time, and opportunities to entertain. It also means special meals. Breakfast is my all-time favorite type of food. I could have breakfast food in the morning, afternoon, and evening. The Bacon and Sausage Quiche is the perfect breakfast quiche with sausage, egg, cheese, and bacon and you'll be able to easily prep it all.
Confession: I have never made a quiche before this one. I had it in my head that quiches were difficult and super fancy. The other day, a friend served one and I shared that quiches intimated me. She told me that a quiche is a super easy way to make breakfast look fancy. And they are a great way to use extra leftover ingredients like extra meat, vegetables, and cheeses. My friend inspired me to make one, and boy was she right. Not only is this bacon and sausage quiche super cheesy, creamy, and delicious but it is also so easy to make.
Tips for Breakfast Quiche
The best tip she gave me was to use a pre-made pie crust. It was a huge time saver and still tasted great. There is something about a quiche that elevates a meal and makes it feel special, which is ideal—especially for holiday entertaining.
Other tips that make this dish perfect for the holidays include the ability to reheat the frozen quiche. You can freeze it before or after cooking it. Personally, I like to cook it first so that the eggs do not spill all over your freezer. To freeze after cooking, cover the quiche. You can use a freezer bag or wrap it with heavy-duty aluminum foil. It freezes best for about a month, so don’t forget to label it with the date. When ready to serve, remove from freezer. Do not thaw. Unwrap it and bake in a preheated 350°F oven for about 25 minutes or until heated through.
Additionally, cover a cookie sheet with aluminum foil and then place your quiche on it. As a result, any overflows will land on the cookie sheet and not your oven. It’s also easier to get the quiche in and out of the oven.
They are our go-to for recipes like these healthy egg cups.
Video: Sausage and Bacon Quiche
Sausage and Bacon Quiche Recipe
Bacon and Sausage Quiche
- 1 Pie Crust deep dish
- 4 slices Wright Brand Bacon cooked and crumbled
- 8 oz. Jimmy Dean Roll Sausage
- 5 Eggs beaten
- 2 cups Cheese shredded
- 4 oz. Cream Cheese room temperature
- 2 Tablespoons Sour Cream
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon ground pepper
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Use a fork to make holes in the bottom of the pie crust. Prebake the pie crust for 9 minutes at 400 degrees.
- Allow the crust to cool while you cook sausage and bacon and drain.
- Mix cream cheese, sour cream, eggs, salt, and pepper until it is smooth.
- At the bottom of the pie crust sprinkle bacon, sausage, cheese evenly. Then, carefully, pour egg mixture on top of crust.
- Bake 20 to 22 minutes until golden brown. Allow the quiche to cool 5 to 10 minutes before cutting.
Learn more party tricks and recipes here.
Pin for Later: Bacon and Sausage Quiche