Enjoy a healthy 30-minute meal with this sheet pan chicken and vegetables. It is an easy ranch chicken recipe that your entire family will love. This may be our favorite sheet pan chicken and veggies recipe yet. Chicken ranch sheet pan is such a yummy combo.
Happy New Year! I don’t know about you, but over the holidays we totally stopped meal planning. As a result, we were eating out all the time. It blew our budget and lead to unhealthy eating. Now that school is back in session we are back to meal planning. Last year I shared how I was trying to add more fruits and vegetables to our meal planning.
I read a really interesting article that changed the approach and instead said teach your kids to eat the rainbow of colors. I feel like this approach to healthy eating makes meal planning and prepping more fun. Our daughter B loves to bake, but when it comes to cooking she generally does not want to help. I could not believe how when I started to prep this sheet pan chicken and vegetables dish she quickly asked if she could help. You can see her cute little hands in the video below.
Ranch Chicken Recipe: Sheet Pan Chicken and Vegetables
What is a Sheet pan Chicken and Vegetables Meal?
I love a sheet pan meal because it limits the pots and pans you use and therefore the pots and pans you have to clean up. You can make everything from salmon to chicken and vegetables. They make the perfect weeknight meal. The goal is to cook everything on one pan. Who knew cookie sheets could be used to make healthy 30-minute meals too. Talk about a versatile pan.
What to Include in your Sheet Pan Chicken and Vegetables
This recipe is the perfect place to encourage your family to eat a rainbow of colors. For this recipe we included:
- Green with broccoli and zucchini
- Yellow with squash
- Orange with sweet potato
- Red with red peppers
You could also add in
- Purple with purple cauliflower or eggplant
- Green with green peppers
- Red with tomatoes and red onions
- Orange with orange peppers
How to Serve Sheet Pan Chicken and Vegetables
You can serve this sheet pan chicken breast and vegetables plain or over pasta, rice or cauliflower rice.
Video: Ranch Chicken Recipe: Sheet Pan Chicken and Vegetables
Recipe for Sheet Pan Chicken and Vegetables
Ranch chicken and Vegetable Sheet Pan
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- Freezer pack of broccoli
- 2 zucchinis
- 2 squashes
- 1 sweet potato
- 1 red peppers
- 1 ounce ranch dressing mix packet
- 3 tablespoons vegetable oil or olive oil divided
- 1 1/2 teaspoons seasoned- salt
- Preheat your oven to 400 degrees F. Coat a baking sheet with non-stick cooking spray or line with a silicone mat.
- Cut sweet potato into bite sized pieces, Add half your oil and salt. Place sweet potatoes onto your baking sheet.
- Bake for 10-15 minutes, while you prepare the rest of the recipe..
- Cut the rest of your veggies. Add ranch seasoning and the other half of the oil olive. Toss until evenly coated.
- Cut chicken breast into bite sized pieces unless you purchased them pre-cut. Add to the same bowl and mix until they are coasted with the ranch and oil.
- Remove the baking sheet from the oven and add your vegetables/chicken to the pan.
- Bake for another 20 to 25 minutes, or until the chicken is cooked through and the potatoes are fork tender.
- Carefully remove from the oven. Serve immediately.