Ginger cookies always remind me of being pregnant. Some days they were the only thing I could keep down. Unfortunately, I was pregnant long before I realized I loved to bake and cook so I lived on store bought hard ginger cookies. They are as good as some of my other favorite cookies like:
I hope I am not alone, but personally I love a cookie to be soft and chewy. Who knew ginger cookies could be. I cannot tell you how amazing these cookies are. They are the best ginger cookies I have ever had. When my husband tried them he said they taste like Disney’s ginger cookies, which to me is the ultimate compliment. I think next time I might add chocolate chips, because everything is better with chocolate.
I don’t know if it is because I am trying to get pregnant myself or it is really happening, but it feels like everywhere I look everyone is pregnant around me. Pair these ginger cookies with some Nature Made Prenatal Multi Vitamins vitamins for yourself or for a friend and you have the perfect gift. Did you know that you should start taking prenatal vitamins 6 months before you start trying to get pregnant?
Nature Made Prenatal Multi + 200 mg DHA is guaranteed to meet our high quality standards – it is made from carefully selected ingredients under strict manufacturing processes. They are clinically proven for absorption of folic acid and iron. Folic Acid is an important B Vitamin for Women of Childbearing Age and Pregnant Women. It plays a critical role in the proper development of the baby’s nervous system.† Adequate folic acid in healthful diets may reduce a woman’s risk of having a child with a neural tube defect. And you only need one pill per day to get all the vitamins you need for a healthy baby.
Soft Chewy Ginger Cookies
Ingredients for Soft and Chewy Ginger Cookies
- Get the complete list of ingredients below.
Video: How to Make Soft and Chewy Ginger Cookies
How to Make Soft and Chewy Ginger Cookies
- Print the instructions below
Pin for Later: Soft and Chewy Ginger Cookies
- Recipe adapted from The Busy Baker.
† These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. These products are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any disease.
Soft and Chewy Ginger Cookies
- 1-1/4 cup unsalted butter at room temperature
- 2 cups Sugar
- 2 Eggs
- 1/2 cup molasses
- 4 cups All-Purpose Flour
- 1/2 tsp Salt
- 4 tsp Baking Soda
- 2 tsp Ground Cinnamon
- 1 tsp powdered or fresh ginger
- 1/2 tsp Ground Cloves
- 1/3 cup Sugar for rolling cookies
- Mix butter on medium speed until creamy
- Add in sugar and beat on medium until both are combined, about 2 minutes
- Beat in both eggs on medium speed until combined
- In a separate bowl, combine your dry ingredients: flour, salt, baking soda, ground cinnamon, ginger, and cloves
- Add half of the flour mixture to the butter mix and combine on medium speed. Repeat with the second half of the flour mixture.
- Cover the dough with plastic wrap and refrigerate for at least 1 hour.
- Remove the dough from the refrigerator and preheat oven to 350.
- Shape the dough into balls and roll in white sugar. Place them on a cookie sheet prepared with parchment paper. Make sure you space them out. They are going to spread out.
- Bake 10-11 minutes
- Remove from the oven and allow the cookies to cool on the baking sheet