These Frosted Peppermint Brownies are the perfect treat to make for this holiday season. Easy brownie-mix brownies get dressed up for the holidays with frosting and crushed peppermint candy.
My daughter and I love to cook and bake together. We recently started watching cooking show reruns. It has quickly become our favorite show to watch, on repeat of course. I love watching them together. My favorite part of these shows is that it inspires both of us to take traditional recipes and put our own spin on them. As a blogger and perfectionist it has taken me so time to realize that I need to step back and let my daughter’s creativity flow. We have had a couple of recipes where our visions did not align. When we are debating over the next step it takes the fun out of it. So, my compromise is that we both get to create a recipe and we pretend we are on the show. I love when B asks “How much time do we have let?” and then when our recipe is complete “times up, hands up.”
This weekend was no exception. B’s creativity has created some surprisingly good recipes, especially for a 5 year old. Some of my favorites have been character inspired desserts and a peppermint cheesecake pudding bar, Peppermint Chip Milkshake, Candy Cane Marshmallows,
We both love peppermint so I was excited to make a Frosted Peppermint Brownies as my creation. Even though it is still fall the peppermint got us both excited about holiday baking. Hope you will continue to follow along on the blog to see all our creations.
Video: How to Make Frosted Peppermint Brownies
What is your favorite treat to make for the holidays?
Pin for Later: Frosted Peppermint Brownies
Frosted Peppermint Brownies
- 1 package Betty Crocker Triple Chocolate Brownie
- 2 TBSP Water
- 1/2 cup Vegetable Oil
- 2 Eggs
Peppermint Buttercream Icing
- 1 cup Butter softened
- 4 cups powered sugar
- 2 tbsp milk
- 1 tsp peppermint extract
- 1 cup Chocolate Chips
- 12 cup Butter
- 2 tsp light corn syrup
- 5 candy canes crushed
- Make the brownies according to the package and allow them to fully cool.
- While the brownies are cooling make the peppermint buttercream icing by combining butter, powered sugar, milk and peppermint and mixing on low until creamy.
- Once brownies are fully cool, spread the peppermint icing on top of the brownies. Place in the refrigerator to harden. Make the chocolate topping. In a double boiler on low melt the butter, then add the chocolate chips and light corn syrup. Stir continuously until the chocolate is melted. Be careful not to over cook it. Then spread the chocolate on top of the peppermint icing.
- Top with crushed candy canes. Chill and then serve and ENJOY!