Last year we were introduced to going to Farmer’s Market. Our trips to the Farmer’s Market has encouraged me to add more vegetables into my families’ diet.
It has also inspired me to include fruits and vegetables that are in season. Did you know that tomatoes and strawberries are at their freshest this time of year? Adding tomatoes and strawberries into your menu is a great way to add extra flavor and color all while getting more nutritional value.
Ingredients for Tomato Corn Salad
- Fresh mozzarella
This salad is so easy to make. All you need to do it chop of everything and heat up the corn. Combine all the ingredients except for the mozzarella. Then refrigerate until you are ready to serve. Once you are ready add the mozzarella.
Video: How to Make Tomato Corn Salad
Pin for Later: Tomato Corn Salad
Tomato Corn Salad
- 1 pinch salt
- 1-1/2 cups corn fresh or frozen
- 1-1/2 cups tomatoes sliced into cubes
- 2 tbsp fresh basil cut into small pieces
- 8 oz fresh mozzarella cut into small cubes
- Prep the corn. If you used canned corn drain it. If you use frozen corn heat it according to directions
- When necessary let the corn cool in a large bowl. Once cool add tomatoes, basil and mozzarella. Refrigerate until ready to serve.