Over the last two weeks it has rained almost every day. So when the rain finally stopped for the afternoon we all jumped into the car and headed to one of our favorite stores, The Fresh Market. It is our go to place when we entertain as I shared Balsamic Brown Sugar Lamb Chopsor when we want to make a special meal. From seasonally fresh produce to exceptional meat and seafood, delicious baked goods and great selection of organic products, all the foods you love are waiting for you at The Fresh Market. The first sunny day in two weeks called for a celebration. We filled our cart with everything from my favorite flower, peonies to tomatoes, fresh mozzarella, peaches, gourmet burgers stuffed with bacon and cheese (yes you read that right…bacon and cheese stuffed in a gourmet burger, if you have not had them you need to run to The Fresh Market), the supplies for sweet corn bread and white chocolate macadamia nut cookies.
We are looking forward to a sunny summer so we can get back to grilling season! Grilling season is one of our favorite times of the year. It is an excuse to get outside and share delicious, hot-off-the-grill food with friends and family—it’s also a season filled with endless possibilities.
This recipe for sweet cornbread is so delicious. It is one of our go to recipes especially when we are entertaining. It is a crowd pleaser. Speaking of yummy bread recipes have you tried my Banana Bread
Ingredients for Sweet Cornbread
We found everything we needed at The Fresh Market.
How to Make Sweet Cornbread
One of the things I love about this recipe is that is it so easy. Simply mix all the ingredients together and bake at 350 degrees for about 30 minutes.
This sweet cornbread is one of my favorite dishes to serve at a summer BBQ.
Every party should have pretty blooms like these peonies. Anyone else wish the peony season was all year long?
Other Sweet Treats
- Love Peppermint check out: Peppermint Chip Milkshake, Candy Cane Marshmallows, Frosted Peppermint Brownies.
- Yummy Cookies: Must Try Christmas Cookies Soft Chewy Ginger Cookies, Mickey and Minnie Cookies
- Cake and Cupcakes: Easy Tres Leches Cake, Chocolate Peanut butter cupcakes Banana Bread
- Chocolate Treats: Mini Nutella Pies
- No Bake Options: Chewy Cookies and Cream No Bake Marshmallow Bars, Salty Sweet Chocolate Caramel Cookies, Oreo Cookie Balls
- Sweet Drinks: Pink Hot Chocolate or Unicorn Hot Chocolate
- Healthier desserts: Strawberry and Vanilla Yogurt Bark Healthier Peanut Butter Cookies,or Healthy Citrus Creamsicle Fruit Dip
Click here for more grilling inspirations or ideas!
- 1 box cake mix all ingredients on the package
- 2 boxes (8.5 oz each) corn muffin mix all ingredients on the package
- 1 cup cooked corn
- Preheat oven the oven to 350 degrees
- Mix all the dry ingredients with the ingredients on the back of the boxes.
- Once completely mixed together add in the corn and stir.
- Pour mix into a greased 9x12 pan and cook for 28-30 minutes or until your fork comes out clean.