Make this Sweet Corn Ice Cream at home with this easy recipe. This no churn ice cream is creamy and flavorful. And best of all only has 3 ingredients and is made without an ice cream machine. It is so easy to make even your kids can make it.
Thank you to Florida Milk for partnering on this post.
July is National Ice Cream month. Last year we celebrated with this Matcha Ice Cream. You know we love to celebrate like we did last month for National Dairy Month. Our family loves milk, all dairy products and recipes that use dairy like: Baked Carrot Cake Donuts, Blueberry Overnight Oats, Dutch Baby. Did you know that ice cream is easy to make?
No Churn Ice Cream
Don’t worry if you don’t have an ice cream machine because you don’t need one with this recipe. As much fun as an ice cream machine would be, we don’t need any more appliances in our kitchen. All the required ingredients can be found at a grocery store. This recipe has one optional ingredient we got at our local liquor store, butterscotch schnapps.
For equipment you will need
- Mixer – stand mixer is ideal, but a hand mixer works too
- 2 large bowls
- Steamer pan
- Loaf pan
Sweet Corn Ice Cream
How to Make Sweet Corn Ice Cream
Can you believe that you only need 5 ingredients to make Sweet Corn ice cream with one optional ingredient? All you need is:
- Vanilla Extract
- Heavy Whipping Cream
- Condensed Milk
- Optional Butterscotch Schnapps
The steps to make it are just as simple.
- First you need to cook your corn. I like to steam mine for 7-10 minutes. Then cut the corn off the cob. Cut the cobs in half.
- Add the heavy whipping cream to a pot with the cobs. Soak them for 15 minutes on low heat. Make sure the cream does not boil.
- Remove the cobs from the cream and add the butter. Place the mixture into a container and cool for 2 hours in the refrigerator.
- Whip the cream until it has stiff peaks.
- Then in a separate bowl mix the sweetened condensed milk, vanilla extract and butterscotch schnapps until it is fully combined.
- Then fold in the sweetened condensed milk into the cream with a spatula
- Pour the mixture into a container, cover and freeze
Tips for making No Churn Ice Cream
- Type of Cream – You need to use whipping cream with 33-35% milk fat. Other types of cream like half-and-half do not have enough fat to be whipped up properly.
- Keep it Chilled – Keeping the cream ice cold is important to make it easy to whip. In addition to keeping the cream cold, you want to refrigerate your mixing bowl and utensils in advance. If you forget you can pop them all in the freezer for 10-20 minutes.
- Whip it Up – Making whip cream with a stand up mixer will only take a minute or two of whipping. If you use a hand mixer or by hand with a whisk it will take a few more minutes. You do not want to over-whip the cream so make sure you stop as soon as you see stiff peaks. We made the mistake of over-whipping the cream you will know because the cream changes its texture and starts to look more like cottage cheese.
Video: Sweet Corn Ice Cream Recipe
No Churn Sweet Corn Ice Cream Recipe
Sweet Corn Ice Cream
- Stand up mixer or hand mixer
- 2 cups Heavy whipping cream
- 14 oz Sweetened condensed milk
- 1 Tablespoon Butter
- 1 tsp Vanilla extract
- 4 ears Corn
- 2 Tablespoons Butterscotch schnapps
- Place the bowl, whisk attachment and pan into the refrigerator for a couple of hours or freezer for 20-30 minutes to chill.
- Steam your corn for 7-10 minutes. Once they are steamed, let them cool enough to remove the corn from the cob.
- Remove the corn from the cob and set aside for later.
- Cut the cobs in half and place them into a pot with heavy whipping cream. Heat for 15 minutes on a low heat. Do not allow the pot to boil.
- Remove the corn and add the butter. Stir then place the cream into a glass container. Cool the cream in the refrigerator for at least 2 hours.
- Once it is cool add the heavy whipping cream into the large bowl and whip the heavy cream until firm peaks.
- In a separate large bowl, pour the sweet condensed milk, vanilla extract and butterscotch schnapps. Mix them together until well blended.
- Fold in the condensed milk in the whipped cream using a spatula 1/3 of the mixture at a time. Fold it in gently until completely mixed.
- Add the whipped cream mixture to the pan that you had in the freezer.
- Cover and place into the freezer for 6 hours or overnight. Then enjoy!
Interested in learning more about milk? Check out:
Pin for Later: No Churn Sweet Corn Ice Cream