Give out homemade treats that are great in hot cocoa -- or straight from the bag.
Candy Cane Marshmallows
Bailey loves marshmallows and candy canes so I figured she would love them combined. Nothing says the holidays like a candy cane. I love the taste, smell and the red and white. Add any treats with candy canes to your dessert tray and it is instantly festive. Eat them alone or dip them into your hot chocolate.
What you Need for Candy Cane Marshmallows
How to Make Candy Cane Marshmallows
You can make as many as you want. I made a small batch this time, but I have made larger batches before. Next time I want to make them with dark chocolate!
How would you enjoy them? My favorite way is dipping them into a cup of hot chocolate.
Other Sweet Treats
- Love Peppermint check out: Peppermint Chip Milkshake, Frosted Peppermint Brownies.
- Yummy Cookies: Must Try Christmas Cookies Soft Chewy Ginger Cookies, Mickey and Minnie Cookies
- Cake and Cupcakes: Sweet Cornbread, Easy Tres Leches Cake, Chocolate Peanut butter cupcakes Banana Bread
- Chocolate Treats: Mini Nutella Pies
- No Bake Options: Chewy Cookies and Cream No Bake Marshmallow Bars, Salty Sweet Chocolate Caramel Cookies, Oreo Cookie Balls
- Sweet Drinks: Pink Hot Chocolate or Unicorn Hot Chocolate
- Healthier desserts: Strawberry and Vanilla Yogurt Bark Healthier Peanut Butter Cookies,or Healthy Citrus Creamsicle Fruit Dip
Pin for Later: Candy Cane Marshmallow
Candy Cane Marshmallows
- candy canes Mini Candy Canes work best
- Chocolate White, dark or milk chocolate all work.
- Break up the candy canes. I placed them into a plastic bag and broke them up with a rubber hammer.
- Melt the chocolates or candy melts according to the instructions. I prefer to use a double boiler. If you are like me and don't own one don't worry they are easy to make. All you need in a pan and a bowl (glass or metal) to go over it. The bowl should not touch the water. It creates a seal with the bottom pan to trap the steam produced by the simmering water. To use the double boiler, add water to the pan and bring it to a simmer, then place the bowl on top and fill it with whatever you intend to cook or melt. I like it best because you can match the chocolate so you don't overheat it.
- Use a metal spoon to stir the chocolates as they melt.
- Once the chocolate is melted dip the marshmallow into it and sprinkle candy cane pieces on top.
- Let the chocolate dry and enjoy!