This raspberry chocolate chip ice cream is the perfect combination for sweet and lightly sour. It is full of fresh berries and chocolate chips. lightly sweet, full of fresh berry flavor and packed with dark chocolate chips. It only has 5 ingredients and you don't need an ice cream machine.
Dark Chocolate Raspberry Ice Cream
Last month B and I made our first ever ice cream, Matcha Ice Cream. It was so easy with only 3 ingredients. B loved it so much she wanted to try other flavors. We made a list of flavors to try:
- Chocolate Chip
- Cookies and Cream
- Mint Chocolate Chip
We have been all about berries this summer so the next flavor we wanted to try is raspberry. Since I am a chocolate lover I knew we needed to add chocolate chips. We used mini chocolate chips, but the great thing about the recipe is that you can use any size of chips as well as any flavor including white chocolate, milk chocolate or dark chocolate.
Ingredients Needed for Black Raspberry Chocolate Chip Ice Cream
Can you believe that you only need 5 ingredients to make raspberry chocolate ice cream? All you need is:
- Raspberry Jam
- Fresh Raspberries
- Chocolate Chips
- Heavy Whipping Cream
The steps to make Raspberry chocolate ice cream
The steps to make no churn ice cream are just as simple.
- First you need to whip the cream until it has stiff peaks. This should take just a couple of minutes.
- Then fold in the sweetened condensed milk into the cream with a spatula
- Fold in the jam until it is fully combined
- Then add in chopped raspberries and chocolate chips
- Pour the mixture into a container, cover and freeze
Tips for making No Churn Ice Cream
- Type of Cream – You need to use whipping cream with 33-35% milk fat. Other types of cream like half-and-half do not have enough fat to be whipped up properly.
- Keep it Chilled - Keeping the cream ice cold is important to make it easy to whip. In addition to keeping the cream cold, you want to refrigerate your mixing bowl and utensils in advance. If you forget you can pop them all in the freezer for 10-20 minutes.
- Whip it Up – Making whip cream with a stand up mixer will only take a minute or two of whipping. If you use a hand mixer or by hand with a whisk it will take a few more minutes. You do not want to over-whip the cream so make sure you stop as soon as you see stiff peaks.
Video How to Make Raspberry Chocolate Chip Ice Cream
No Churn Raspberry Chocolate Chip Ice Cream
- Stand up mixer or hand mixer
- 2 cups heavy whipping cream
- 14 oz sweetened condensed milk
- 5 Tablespoons Raspberry Jam
- 1 cup Fresh Raspberries sliced in quarters
- ½ cup chocolate chips
- Place the bowl, whisk attachment and pan into the refrigerator for a couple of hours or freezer for 20-30 minutes to chill.
- Add the heavy whipping cream into the large bowl and whip the heavy cream until firm peaks.
- Pour the sweet condensed milk. Fold it into your heavy whipping cream until well blended.
- Fold in the jam in the whipped cream using a spatula Fold it in gently until completely mixed.
- Add in the chocolate chips until mixed.
- Then add in fresh raspberries.
- Add the mixture into a pan you had in the freezer.
- Cover and place into the freezer for 6 hours or overnight. Then enjoy!
Pin for later: Raspberry Chocolate Chip Ice Cream
Leave a Reply