Learn how to make these adorable Easter basket cupcakes! They are super easy, quick to make and everyone loves them.
This edible grass is so much fun to work with. I think it is my new favorite Easter material. It is edible and fun to use. I bought it for this project, but I ended up using it for two other projects. Excited to share how to create Easter Basket Cupcakes.
Supplies You Need for Easter Basket Cupcakes
- Cupcakes from the store or cupcakes supplies
- Edible grass candy
- Egg shaped candy
- Extra cupcake wrappers
How to Make Easter Basket Cupcakes
1. Bake your favorite cupcakes or if you are like me run to your favorite store and purchase them. If you purchased them you may want to use a knife to move the icing around so the grass would stick to it. Add a little icing to the bottom of the chocolate candy.
2. Use scissors to cut the edible grass into 1 to 2 inch pieces.
3. Using your fingers drip a few drops of water over the top of the grass. Add small amounts at a time. You do not want to add in too much water otherwise the grass with mush together. 1 teaspoon of water per package is plenty. Using your fingers, mix up the grass and allow the water to spread. This will allow the grass start to clump together.
4. Pull off a tiny clump of grass and stick it to the top of the cupcake. Just gently push it right on to the frosting, letting it stick to the icing. Repeat with another small clump of grass, sticking it very close to the last clump. Repeat with additional clumps.
How cute are these on our Bunny Treat Easter Bar Cart
Other Easter DIYs
If you are looking for other Easter projects here are a couple of our favorite Easter DIYs.
Pin for later: Easter Basket Cupcakes