Looking for a fun Fall Craft that can double as your centerpiece? These DIY Pumpkin Flower Arrangements include a combination of orange and white pumpkin vase.
The Holiday season is here, can you believe it?! I love fall! Being a hostess is one of my favorite parts of being an adult. I get so excited to plan all the details including my decor, menu and guest list. While I don’t love the process of getting the house party ready, I do love the result. The best part is waking up and walking into a clean kitchen. I feel so much more relaxed when I see clean counters and everything in its place.
I love it! I also love that these DIY Pumpkin Vases will last you all fall so you can use them for all your Thanksgathering this season. If you use the faux pumpkins like I did they can last you for years to come.
When we first moved to our current home we hosted our first holiday, Christmas for 40 family members. We have a big extended family and most of my mom’s family is also in South Florida. Thank goodness, my Mother-in-law is an amazing chef and offered to take on the cooking. It meant that I could focus on my favorite part of entertaining, the decor. You don’t have to go overboard like I generally do. Making a memorable table can be as easy as a high impact centerpiece.
For our first holiday, I created this DIY Candy Cane Vase. My brother’s girlfriend at the time (now wife) loved it so much she shared it to her Instagram account with over 10K followers. This was before I was even on Instagram and I remember thinking WOW people really like this idea. Ironically, it was one of the easiest DIY projects I did for the holiday. My favorite centerpieces include flowers with unexpected containers. Bonus: These are both simple and affordable. You only need a couple of items and less than an hour.
DIY Pumpkin Flower Arrangements
What You Need for DIY Pumpkin Vase
- Pumpkins - Real or Faux any size and any color
- Container for the flowers - I used mason jars, but you can also recycle a can.
- Crafting knife
Video: How to Make DIY Pumpkin Flower Arrangements
How to Make DIY Pumpkin Flower Arrangements
1. Use the container as a guide. Draw a line about a ½″ larger than the bottom. Using a crafting knife cut along the lines you just made. Depending on your knife and pumpkin you may need to cut it twice. If you are using a real pumpkin remove the seeds and clean out the inside.
Pro Tip: Making multiple pumpkins with the same container? Save the top and use that as your guide for the size of the opening.
2. Add your container filled with water to the inside of the pumpkin.
3. Cut the flowers so they are just over to the top of the pumpkin. Arrange flowers, set up as your centerpiece and enjoy.
Pro Tip: I like to mix large and small pumpkins together.
Looking for other fall craft inspiration? Check out DIY Preppy Pumpkins