My favorite Season is Almost Here! These easy Candy Cane Christmas Trees are a fun and festive snack! A great craft idea for little ones, the perfect Christmas party favor, festive treat or it makes a pretty gift topper too!
We had so much fun making DIY Peppermint Holiday Decor that were featured in Boca Observer a couple of years ago. And this DIY Candy Cane Vase has been read over 25,000 times. I wanted to work with peppermints again. This time we created Candy Cane Christmas Trees.
They ended up being a much better adult craft since the candy canes were so hot when they came out of the oven. Bailey did love helping me open all candy canes, eat them during the process and of course eat the final product.
Candy Cane Christmas Trees
What you Need for Candy Cane Christmas Trees
- Mini Candy Canes
- Starlight Peppermint Candy
- White Chocolate
- Christmas Sprinkles or Colored Sugar
How to Make Candy Cane Christmas Trees
- Preheat oven to 300 degrees. Add parchment paper to the top of your baking sheet.
- Place the mini candy canes in the shape of a heart. Add one starlight peppermint candy at the top. Cut a piece of a candy cane to make a stump.
- Cook the candy canes for 3-5 minutes. Keep in mind that all ovens cook at different speeds. It is best to watch them closely.
- When you remove them from the oven straight out the tree section and make sure all the pieces are touching, so that they cool together. Be super careful. I burned myself in this step. The candy canes are super hot.
- Melt the white chocolate according to the directions on the package. And Add green food coloring. Carefully spoon the white chocolate into the center of the tree and smooth out with a knife and add sprinkles.
- Let cool completely and Enjoy!
Want to see other DIY Peppermint treats, check out, DIY Pepper Holiday Decor