This post is sponsored by BabbleBoxx on behalf of Lazarus Naturals
This year we welcomed our son to the world. Having a baby is a huge change for all of us including our puppy Addy. We started prepping her for the change even before he arrived. I am excited to partner with Lazarus Naturals to share tips for how to introduce your dog to your new baby.
Before the Baby Arrives
- Obedience – Before your baby arrives you may want to make sure your dog has basic commands down. A basic obedience class will help with things like sit, stay and come. You also want to ensure your dog knows to not jump up.
- Schedule – A baby comes with lots of new equipment and sometimes a new schedule. Before your baby arrives think of what may change and start making those changes. You don’t want your dog to associate all these changes with your baby.
- Safe Space – Create a safe space for your dog. We used a crate so that Addy had a place she could go and get away from the baby.
First Days Home
- Once the baby arrives bring a blanket back from the hospital so the dog starts to get used to the new smells before you come home.
- And once you are ready to come home come in first without the baby. Your dog will be excited to see you and you don’t want to chance having him or her jump on you and the baby.
Introducing your Dog to your Baby
- Take it slow. There is no rush to introduce your dog to your baby. It is ok to keep them separated for the first couple of days or weeks.
- You may want your first interaction to be with your dog on the leash. Make sure to give lots of praise.
- When your dog starts to get comfortable you may want to try some time off the leash. Always make sure that you are with your dog as they interact with your child.
- Make sure to give you dog lots of attention.
- If your dog is nervous introduce CBD Dog Treats or Tincture. CBD also helps soothe nerves, support normal joint mobility among other benefits. It is a naturally occurring molecule. It works in the endocannabinoid system of your dog.
CBD Calming Dog Treats or Tincture
Lazarus Naturals come is a number of flavor options for dog treats and tincture. Tinctures allow you to add CBD to your pet’s food or administer it orally.
- Vitality: These CBD treats are great for dogs who need to relax and unwind. Their Calm + Vitality dog treats are made with Full Spectrum CBD, organic sweet potato, Shiitake, Reishi, Lion’s Mane mushrooms and curcumin. This combination is great for inflammation and joint support.
- Wild Salmon Flavored Calming Pet CBD Oil Tincture: This flavor of tincture offers the full spectrum CBD in combination with a tasty fish oil formulation loaded with Omega-3’s. Wild Salmon Oil supports the immune system. Omega-3’s are great for your dogs heart, skin and coat. The amount of CBD is lower than our high potency tinctures.
- Sensitive Pet CBD Oil Tincture: This Tincture is a THC-Free option that is great for sensitive pets. It is perfect for all sorts of pets including: cats, rabbits or smaller breeds of dogs.
- Calming CBD Oil Pet Tincture: This Tincture is a high quality THC.
As the Baby Grows
- Baby toys are easy for dogs to confuse as their own toys. If you find your dog chewing on your baby’s toys simply replace the toy with their own. You don’t want to have the dog associating things like being yelled at with the baby.
- Your baby is growing fast and the changes may be difficult for your dog to adapt to. The CBD treats and tincture may help on an ongoing basis.
- As your baby starts to become mobile make sure you continue to watch the interactions and protect your dogs from things like the baby pulling their tail or ears.
- You may also want to continue with the CBD dog treats and tincture to help keep your dog calm.
Lazarus is giving away 500 packs of the same items!