This is a sponsored conversation written by me on behalf of Children’s Services Council of Palm Beach County for Things to do in Florida at Christmas. The opinions and text are all mine.
The holidays are officially here. While we may not have snow, we have no shortage of holiday activities. Looking for the perfect way to get into the holiday spirit? We have you covered with this complete guide for the holidays. Here is our list of things to do in Florida at Christmas. I have separated the events into two sections the first is for ongoing events and the second is for one[time events.
Milestones like the holidays make me reflect on just how big B is getting. So, I went to the Every Parent App. If you remember it is the same app I used to inspire me to share the tips and trips with you for Back to School and for Keeping Kids Calm during a Hurricane. So grateful for long term partners like Children’s Services Council of Palm Beach County, CSC.
CSC’s article in the Every Parent App about Exploring Palm Beach County inspired me to write down and share with you other things there are to do in Florida at Christmas. Get out your calendar so you don’t miss any of these events. This post will be a great resource for you much like the Every Parent App is for parenting advice.
Things to do in Florida at Christmas in Palm Beach County
Snowfall shows are running nightly. We went on Sunday and it was a fun night out. CityPlace is so festive with their snowflake lights and huge tree. The train was also a big hit for us at $3/ride. It is snowing November 11th-December 31st, except November 23rd and December 25th
- Monday – Wednesday: 6pm and 7pm
- Thursday – Sunday: 6pm, 7pm, and 8pm
Photo by CityPlace
Mizner Park Tree
Located at the south end of the center near Lord & Taylor, Mizner Park’s “iTree” consists of more than 32,000 life-like PVC branches, red & gold bows, ornament clusters and 25,000 clear & multi-colored LED lights. There will be 20-minute musical light shows performed nightly at 6 p.m., 7 p.m., 8 p.m. and 9 p.m. starting on Wednesday, November 21st and continuing through the holiday season. The tree will be illuminated for photo opportunities between shows.
Check here for all the times including when you can bring your pets. You can also make an appointment online starting November 9th. This is the first year they are charging for appointments. The $10 fee can be applied to your photo purchase. The least expensive package is almost $25. We did it and had a great experience, but I felt like the feel was high.
Holiday in Paradise celebration is located on the beautiful West Palm Beach Waterfront and filled with tons of FREE entertainment and family-friendly holiday activities. The star of the festivities is “Sandi”, the world’s ONLY holiday sand tree made of 600-tons of sand! This staggering 35-feet-tall holiday tree will dazzle the crowds nightly with light and music shows. November 29th-December 31st.
Featuring more than 125,000 LED lights, captivating holiday displays, a giant Christmas tree, live entertainment, and photo opportunities with Santa and Mrs. Claus, Winter Wonderland will be open nightly, November 17th through December 30th from 6 p.m. – 10 p.m. and is FREE to the public. (closed Thanksgiving Day, Christmas Eve & Christmas Day)
5190 Lake Worth Road, Lake Worth
Photo by Hoffman’s Chocolates
Things to do in Florida at Christmas in Broward and Dade County
This is one of our favorite places to go and see Santa. They give you a free photo and Kurt loves going to Bass Pro. I love it because they have Christmas crafts and a Winter wonderland. It runs November-December 24th
Tradewinds Park – Enjoy the fantasy of color, lights and design this holiday season with 3 miles of giant animated holiday displays. 3600 West Sample Road, Coconut Creek, FL 33073. Drive-thru the lights for $15/car or $40/bus. November 21st-January 1st 6-10pm.
Symphony Of Lights at GulfStream Park
GulfStream Park’s popular holiday tradition, Symphony of Lights, features more than one million lights with new music synchronized to the lights, a 50-foot tree and entertainment with shows on every honor.
Santa & Mrs. Claus, toy soldiers, juggling acts and stilt walkers will have appearances. Catabella Express Train Rides will be available to take children on a tour of GulfStream Park
The magical story comes to life when the train departs from Brightline Fort Lauderdale Station.
Set to the sounds of the motion picture soundtrack, passengers will relive the magic of the story as they are whisked away on THE POLAR EXPRESS™. Once onboard, hot chocolate and treats are served as passengers read along with the classic children’s book, The Polar Express, by Chris Van Allsburg. Santa and his helpers greet passengers at the North Pole and then board the train, where each child is given the first gift of Christmas – a silver sleigh bell. Chefs aboard each car lead passengers in singing Christmas carols on the ride. Families are encouraged to wear their pajamas for the ride!
From the street corner to the city square, the sights and sounds of Christmas surround us during this wonderful season. It features a festive opening scene with familiar carols in a turn-of-the-century setting, a concert of inspirational contemporary songs, and a musical drama of the nativity and life of Christ. This year’s Pageant includes a spectacular snow-filled winter wonderland (watch for the falling snowflakes, not just on stage, but in the audience as well!) and an elegant cityscape. The show runs November 30th – December 16th.
This is a re-creation of the city of Bethlehem the night that Jesus was born. A tradition of First United Methodist Church of Coral Springs for 24 years. More than 10,000 visitors per year experience the first Christmas in a profoundly personal way. December 6th-11th
South Florida Holiday Bucket List – One Day Events in November
- CityPlace Tree Lighting – November 10th 3-6:45pm. Jupiter Dance Academy showcasing the Polar Express Palm Beach Symphony’s Conduct Us & ensemble performance. Dance South Florida featured performance of “Home for the Holidays” with tree lighting and snow to follow!
- City of Boca Tree Lighting – November 21st at Mizner Park Amphitheater.
- Sandi lights up the Waterfront! – November 29th 7pm. Join us for the annual City of West Palm Beach Holiday Tree Lighting featuring “Sandi,” the world’s ONLY 35-ft-tall holiday tree made from 600 tons of sand that will illuminate downtown West Palm Beach during Clematis by Night. Santa will visit the event from 6:00 p.m. to 9:30 p.m. Come for the tree lighting and stay for a spectacular night of music!x
- The Delray Beach 100ft Christmas Tree Lighting Ceremony – November 29th This is one of the largest and most celebrated holiday events in Palm Beach County. Festivities begin at 5pm. A month-long celebration kicks off with Santa landing in a helicopter to light the 100ft Christmas Tree at 7:15pm. Old School Square Park. 561-278- 0424.
Things to do in Florida at Christmas – One Day Events in December 1st-7th
- Carols by Candlelight – December 1st at 7:30-10:00pm This is a ticketed event! The Pavilion at Old School Square invites you to get into the holiday spirit with a new concert experience that will become a community tradition, supporting local children’s programs. Carols by Candlelight, which began in Australia and then San Diego
- Deerfield Beach Ocean Way Holiday Celebration Saturday, December 1st 5:00-9:00pm Join us for the Annual Deerfield Beach Ocean Way Holiday Celebration at the International Fishing Pier, 200 NE 21st Ave. Bring the entire family out for a magical evening as we celebrate the season. Enjoy musical performances, kids’ activities, photos with Santa, tasty holiday treats, ice skating by the ocean and snow showering all night!
Things to do in Florida at Christmas – One Day Events in December 8th-14th
- Santa on Fire Truck Drop off Day – Monday, December 3rd from 6-9pm. On either December 15th or 16th Santa will personally deliver a pre-wrapped gift to your child and pose for pictures before moving on to spread cheer to more boys and girls in the Boca Raton Area. This wonderful program generates funds to send Holiday Care Packages to our troops overseas as well as provide College Scholarships for eligible students within the community. This was Bailey’s favorite holiday event last year. I highly recommend it.
- City of Boca Raton Street Parade – Wednesday, December 5th at 7:30pm – Join us for our 48th annual holiday street parade. This year’s parade theme will be “A Holiday Wish.” Parade route begins at Federal Hwy & SE 8th Street, traveling North to Mizner Park Amphitheater.
- Delray Beach Holiday Parade – December 8th 6:00pm – Beginning east of the Intracoastal and continuing west to the Fire Dept. with over 70 entries to help you celebrate the holidays! Through a special connection to the North Pole, The Delray Beach Fire Department will have Santa riding along on their Fire Truck. 561-243-7277, email@example.com
- Boca Raton Children’s Museum Holiday Extravaganza – Saturday, December 8th from 8:30am-3pm Games, Crafts, Face Painting, Pictures with Santa, Holiday Food and Drink. Tickets are $10/person. Boca Raton Children’s Museum on Crawford Blvd. Call the Museum for your tickets today (561) 368-6875 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Christkindlmarkt – December 8th & 9th Festival at the American-German Club of the Palm Beaches shares the holiday cheer and excitement of an authentic German outdoor Christmas market. Visitors have plenty of opportunity pick up some German language essentials and learn more about German culture without having to travel to Europe.
- How the Grinch Stole Christmas Movie – Friday, December 9th at 8:00pm Viewing at ArtsPark at Young Circle is a FREE family friendly flick each week. *Lawn seating. Bring a blanket or a beach chair.
- FAU presents: TUBA CHRISTMAS Sunday, December 9th at 5pm (doors open at 4pm). Enjoy the tradition of holiday music performed by tubas and euphoniums, started by Indiana University Professor Harvey G. Phillips. Tuba Christmas. Outdoor event, bring chairs or blankets. Free event.
- Gingerbread Concert – Sunday, December 9th at 2pm – The annual Gingerbread Holiday Concert attracts parents, grandparents and kids of all ages to the Boca Raton Resort & Hotel’s Great Hall to enjoy seasonal classics performed by the Lynn University Philharmonia Orchestra.
- CityPlace Winter Wonderland – Sunday, December 11th. Live cultural and holiday performances, bounce houses, and holiday crafts. Santa’s arrival and holiday performances.
- Coral Springs Light up the Night – Wednesday, December 12th at 7:00pm. The parade will feature marching bands, decorated floats and other entries along Sample Road from Coral Springs Drive to City Hall. Before the holiday parade, individuals and families will participate in the Coral Springs Holiday Mile along Sample Road near Coral Springs Drive at 6:15 p.m. This will be a timed one-mile event, with awards for the top three male and female participants in each age category.
- Boynton Beach and Delray Beach Holiday Boat Parade – Friday, December 14th The event at the Boynton Harbor Marina starts at 5:30 pm. The watch party at the Boynton Harbor Marina starts at 6:30 pm with live music setting the stage for the parade. For many, this family-friendly free event has become a yearly tradition, parade-goers are welcome to bring a picnic and enjoy the colorful view. This holiday illumination show can be viewed in Boynton Beach at Boynton Harbor Marina, Intracoastal Park, Jaycee Park and in Delray Beach from Veterans Park and Knowles Park. Please bring a new, unwrapped toy for Toys for Tots.
Things to do in Florida at Christmas – One Day Events in December 15th-21st
- Fort Lauderdale’s WinterFest Boat Parade – Saturday, December 15th More than 1,000,000 cheering spectators along the 12-mile route have transformed this event into not only the largest, one-day, live audience of any event in Florida, but also the seventh largest one-day spectator event in the country! WinterFest was just named by Readers Digest as “100 Best in America” which lists the top events in the United States. They are a nonprofit and their mission is to enhance the community’s image by producing wholesome, unique, internationally recognized events that reflect the diversity and culture of South Florida.
- Piles of Smiles “Snow Day“ at Sugar Sand Park Community Center Saturday, December 15th at 10am-4pm Sugar Sand Park invites your family to experience a South Florida rarity…SNOW! Children ages 4 to 12 will enjoy playing in 25 tons of real snow. Advance reservations are $12 ($15 day of event) and include the snow play, plus wristband access to all the other “cool” winter activities. Reservations can be booked in advance online or at the Willow Theatre Box Office. Space is limited. Adult admission is included with paid child(ren).
- Boca Bowl – Tuesday, December 18th at 7pm – The bowl game will be played at FAU Stadium in Boca Raton, Fla., on the campus of Florida Atlantic University and nationally televised on ESPN or ESPN2. The open-air stadium opened in 2011 and seats just under 30,000 fans. Started at 3:00pm the Ford Fan Fest will be offering music, food and activities for kids and much more.
Things to do in Florida at Christmas – One Day Events in December 22nd-31st
- Boca Holiday Boat Parade – Saturday, December 22nd at 6:30pm Fireworks will be at viewing areas: Red Reef Park & Silver Palm Park. Boat Route: Intracoastal waterway starting at the C-15 canal (Boca Raton-Delray Beach city limits) traveling south to Hillsboro Bridge. Bridge Openings (estimated): Spanish River Blvd Bridge – Beginning at 6:50 pm, Palmetto Park Bridge – Beginning at 7:20 pm, Camino Real Bridge – Beginning at 7:30 pm, Bridges will be held in the “Up” position for approximately 30 minutes
- Noon Eve Party – December 31st from 11am-1pm at Sugar Sand Park Ring in the New Year with activities, dancing, a juice toast at noon and a balloon drop. (Pre-register ) Space is limited.
Things to do in Florida at Christmas – One Day Events in January
- Winter Children’s Fair at Patch Reef Park – January 3rd – Lots of fun for children ages 2-12 Free attractions: Strawberry the Clown, Boca Raton Fire Fighter & Fire Truck* arts & crafts, free admission to the park. Cost: Rides $5.00 each or buy a ride bracelet for $20.00 & ride all day! Fun foods, carnival games, & face painting by Fantasy Faces available for purchase.
Do you have any recommendations for events we missed on our Events? Connect with us on Facebook and Instagram. Thinking about traveling to Disney to celebrate Christmas check out all our tips and tricks to celebrate at Mickey’s Very Merry Christmas Party.
- Note dates and times are subject to change. I recommend checking the links or calling before going.
Pin for Later: Things to do in Florida at Christmas