This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. for How to Host the Ultimate Tailgate Party at Home #FootballFanGame #FiredUpFans
The summer of my freshman year I decided my college experience was missing something big…FOOTBALL!!!
So, I applied to all the schools in the SEC. I went to a school sight unseen and it was the best decision! Football became a way of life! Ever since my sophomore year every football game brings back the best college memories.
The University in our town just got a football team which means we get to introduce B to the excitement of tailgating at a University. We also celebrate football season at home as well with friends and family.
Dress the Part
Show your spirit with your clothing. You could wear a jersey supporting your team. If you don’t have a jersey wear the colors of the team you are supporting or make a fun football shirt like this one.
Supplies Needed for Your Football Shirt
- Cutting machine
- Iron on glitter vinyl
How to create your own football shirt.
- Create your design in a design software. If you don’t have the design skills or time you can search for free cut files like this one or buy one online.
- Determine the size of your design based on the shirt you are applying it to.
- Import your design into the program.
- Mirror the image and flip it horizontally. Remember you want it to cut it out backwards because you are going to flip it over and iron it on.
8. Weed the vinyl, which means to remove all vinyl from the areas that should be white.
9. Iron the vinyl onto the t-shirt. It took me about 2-3 minutes of ironing for it to have fully applied to the shirt.
10. Wear it with pride to the tailgate celebration!
Food & Drinks
A good tailgate includes lots of food and yummy drinks. For this party we served a fruit/vegetable and cheese plate complete with football inspired tooth picks. Since Dr Pepper is the official drink of college football fans we stocked up on them too. And how much fun are these football cans? The fit our theme perfectly. We also grilled out, so we picked up Kingsford® Original Charcoal so we could grill up hamburgers and hot dogs. It is made in the USA with 100% natural ingredients. We also served lots of snacks to munch on in these football boxes.
TVs (multiple TVs is even better)
Friends & Family
Bonus: Shop at your local Walmart to find everything you need for the ultimate tailgate party! Get Fired Up for Game Day by clicking here.