This Taco Grilled Cheese is a fun combination of Tacos and your favorite sandwich, grilled cheese. It includes seasoned taco meat with lots of cheese and your favorite taco toppings in between two pieces of your bread.
This post is sponsored by Borden Cheese. The opinions and text are all mine.
What do you get when you combine two of your favorite meals? Taco Grilled Cheese!!! Kurt was my taste tester for this recipe and he just kept saying this is so good.
Ingredients for Taco Grilled Cheese
This recipe is so simple and if you are like us you may already have everything you need for this recipe in your house.
- Bread - You can use any type of bread, but I like to use plain white bread for grilled cheese so that is what I used for this recipe too.
- Cheese - Borden® American Cheese, you can get at Publix in the dairy aisle. I love using this cheese because it is delicious and melts really well for burgers, chicken and grilled cheese. It is made with real milk and no added hormones. It is also a great source of calcium. I also love that it is from a farmer owned cooperative.
- Butter - salted or unsalted butter will work.
- Ground Beef, turkey or chicken. Ground beef is my favorite, but you can use any of them.
- Your favorite taco toppings - my family keeps it simple with just lettuce, but use all the toppings you usually use.
- Your favorite dipping sauces - we used salsa and sour cream, but you would also use hot sauce and guacamole.
Tips for making Taco grilled cheese
- Soft butter. Leave your butter out on the counter to soften while you are cooking up your taco meat. If you forget to heat the butter for 5-10 seconds to soften it so it is easy to spread
- Use the back of a spoon to easily spread the butter.
- Place cheese on the bottom and the top so your sandwich sticks together. My bread was oversized so I used two pieces of cheese on the bottom. Then stacked the taco meat and toppings. Then I finished it off with one more slice of cheese.
- Put a cover over the sandwich to help the cheese melt.
- Turn off the stovetop between sandwiches and remember to reduce cooking time the more sandwiches you make since the pan is already hot.
Taco Grilled Cheese
- 1 lb lean ground beef
- 1 35 g package taco seasoning
- 8 slices of your favorite bread
- 4 tablespoon butter softened
- ½ cup iceberg lettuce sliced thin
- 1 to mato diced
- 4 pieces of Borden American Cheese Singles
- salsa guacamole, sour cream, for dipping
- Heat a large skillet. Then brown ground beef over medium high heat. Once the meat is cooked add in taco seasoning and stir to combine. Remove from heat and set aside.
- Spread butter on one side of each slice of bread.
- Add lettuce, ground beef and cheese to the non-buttered side. Then cover with other slice of buttered bread. Keep the buttered side facing outwards.
- Grill your sandwich on medium heat for 2 to 3 minutes on each side until it is toasted to your liking. Cut in half and enjoy while it is still warm. Serve with salsa, guacamole and sour cream for dipping.
Pin for later Taco Grilled Cheese Sandwich