This is the best Southwest Salad recipe. Learn how to make a Southwest Salad, which is also known as a Southwest Chicken Salad or a SW Salad. Learn tricks to have this ready in 15 minutes thanks to easy, delicious ingredients like pre-cooked chicken.
As I shared last week, with this pregnancy, I have really struggled with meal prepping. I know how important it is, but cooking has become a challenge since I don't feel good. So, I have been trying to get back to basics and find products that make meal prep easy.
Southwest Salad Recipe
What is a Southwest Chicken Salad?
A Southwest Salad is one of my favorite meals because it is so full of flavor. Everyone in your family will love these flavors. For me, the best Southwest Salad recipe includes all my favorite flavors from the Southwest including: Mexican spiced chicken, corn, avocado, tomatoes and cheese.
Southwest Salad Ingredients
The salad starts with a cup and a half of lettuce of your choice. I think it is best with romaine lettuce. Then you top it with Grille Chicken.
In addition to chicken the salad includes corn. You can grill corn on the cob, or if you are like me and you are looking to simplify the recipe, you can use canned corn. All you need to do is open the can and drain it. Much like the corn, you can also use a can of black beans. Simply just drain it before adding it to your salad.
Now all you need do is chop up is the tomatoes and avocado. I personally like to use full sized tomatoes because I like the flavor better, but cherry tomatoes work well too. If you want to add some extra flavor add shredded cheddar cheese.
Then serve it with your favorite dressing. Dressing is a great way to customize the salad so everyone in your family has their favorite flavors.
Where to Buy your Ingredients for a Southwest Salad
You can find everything you need at your local grocery store.
How to Make a Southwest Salad
One of the best parts of this salad is that there is no right or wrong way to make it. I change it up depending on if it is just for me or if I am serving it to company. If I am entertaining, I like to place all the toppings including the chicken, avocado, cheese, tomatoes, and corn on top of the lettuce. It makes for such a great presentation.
If I am making it just for myself I make it more like a chop salad and mix everything together as I am making it.
Ranch Chicken an Vegetable Sheet Pan
- 2-4 boneless skinless chicken breasts chopped
- 1 10 ounces bag broccoli florets
- 4 medium sweet potatoes diced
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- McCormick® Grill Mates® Smoky Montreal Steak Seasoning
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees. And spray a baking sheet with cooking spray.
- Dice sweet potatoes into bite sized pieces.
- Add broccoli and sweet potatoes to the baking sheet. Spread olive oil, and a little salt over the broccoli and sweet potatoes.
- Bake for 30 minutes or until vegetables are roasted
- Dry chicken breasts with paper towels and place on the baking sheet (This will help the seasoning stick to the chicken.)
- Sprinkle McCormick seasoning over the chicken breasts and bake for an additional 15-20 minutes, or chicken is cooked throughly and there is no pink.
- Serve just like this or over rice and enjoy!
Pin for Later