Have you ever made colored hot chocolate? Make this delicious Recipe for Pink Hot Chocolate for someone extra special! This pink hot chocolate recipe is perfect for Valentine's Day or just a cold day. Learn how to make pink chocolate mix.
While it does not get very cold in South Florida we still love to make hot chocolate. I thought it would be fun to make a pink hot chocolate! I am surprised to see so many recipes online. Most of the recipes include melting white chocolate which sounded delicious, but I wanted to create a powder so that we could have it ready at a moments notice.
Pink Hot Chocolate Recipe
The only way to make hot chocolate better is to make it a colored hot chocolate, we of course picked pink.
Why You’ll Love this Recipe for Pink Hot Chocolate Recipe
I made it while B was at school so it would be ready for a special afternoon treat to celebrate our chilly day. She was so excited when she got home.
Ingredients for Pink Hot Chocolate Mix
- Strawberry Nesquik
- White chocolate chips
- Instant dry milk
- Instant white chocolate pudding (3.4 oz)
How to Make Pink Hot Chocolate Video:
Freeze your white chocolate chips for a few hours, ideally overnight. Place the chips in the blender. Ground up into a fine powder and mix with all the other ingredients.
To make the hot chocolate mix 3 teaspoons of your mix for every cup of water or milk.
Then place the rest into an airtight container.
Who will you make this strawberry hot chocolate for?
- If you do not want to use Nesquik you can make a strawberry puree that wouldd give it the same color and flavor.
- You could also use the liquid Nesquik
- Chocolate and Hot Chocolate Fudge - Nesquik also comes in Chocolate and Hot Chocolate Fudge so you can use those flavors as well. Just know that the strawberry Nesquik is what makes the color pink.
- Types of Milk - We use cow milk to make this hot chocolate. You can use other types of milk including almond and coconut milk
- Milk Allergy - you can use a few tablespoons of cornstarch instead of the powdered milk.
Make the mix and divide it amongst the airtight containers. The mix will stay good for up to two months room temperature, and in the fridge for up to six months.
These are great gifts to give. Layer the container with mini marshmallows. Simply add a tag with the instructions saying
Mix 3 teaspoons homemade hot chocolate mix for every cup of hot water or milk. You can heat the milk or water in a pot over the stove or in the microwave.
Other Heart Treats
Pink Hot Chocolate
Pink Hot Chocolate
- ½ cup Strawberry Nesquick for more strawberry flavor, you can add more!
- 1 cup White Chocolate Chips
- ¾ cup Instant Dry Milk
- 1 pkg White Chocolate Pudding 3.4oz package
- 2 Drops Red Food Coloring
- Whipped Cream
- Candy Hearts
- Freeze chocolate chips. Once frozen place into a food processor to create a white chocolate powder.
- Mix all the ingredients together.
- Scoop 3 teaspoon of the mix with a cup of hot water or milk
- Add two drops of red food coloring per glass to make it even more pink.
- Top with whipped cream and candy hearts.
Thanks to Homemade Ginger for this great recipe for Strawberry Hot Chocolate.
Pin for Later: Pink Hot Chocolate