This post is sponsored by Babbleboxx.com on behave of CeraVe. I am excited to partner with CeraVe to share my must have baby care products including the best baby skin care products.
Babies need lots of stuff. As a second time mom I promised myself I would not go over board and over buy baby products. I have narrowed it down to must have baby care products that you need to buy before your baby comes home. Your babies' skin is very delicate you the products that you use are simple and gentle to protect their skin.
From super-small scissors to baby-friendly sunscreen, here's what you'll want to have on hand when you bring your bundle home.
Must have Baby Care Products
- Diapers - Whether you use disposable or cloth diapers you will need lots of diapers!
- Baby wipes - We like to use wipes that are fragrance-free. Buy more than you think you will need because they are great for more than just diaper changes.
- Baby tub - Bath time with a newborn can be stressful so make sure you buy a bathtub that helps keep your baby safe during bath time.
- Comb and brush - You will want to buy both a small wide comb and a super soft brush.
- Baby wash and shampoo - Look for fragrance-free and paraben-free products like CeraVe baby wash and shampoo. Always check the ingredient list before buying the wash and shampoo. The shorter the list the better. It is also a tear-free formula. It contains three essential ceramides to help maintain baby’s skin barrier. CeraVe is also accepted by the National Eczema Association.
- Oil - This may sound like an unusual item, but according to my doctor you can use any type of oil from baby oil to cooking oils to help remove things like cradle cap. Apply some oil to your baby and then use a toothbrush to brush it away.
- Baby lotion - CeraVe Baby Moisturizing Lotion provides a lasting moisture and protection for dry skin. The lotion has ceramides, hyaluronic acid and dimethicone to help skin hold onto hydration.
- Skincare ointments - There will be times that you need extra help when your baby's skin is extra dry, chapped or when dealing with diaper rash. CeraVe Baby Healing Ointment is perfect for these times. It helps soothe baby’s skin. And it seals out wetness to protect skin irritation due to diaper rash. It contains hydrating ingredients, hyaluronic acid and ceramides to help restore skin’s natural barrier and lock in moisture for baby’s delicate skin.
- Petroleum jelly - It will come in handy as a lubricant on things like your thermometer. And can come in handy for skin irritations.
- Baby nail clippers - Clipping finger nails makes me so nervous. Make sure you buy baby specific nail clippers
- Nasal aspirator - This is a fancy name for a snot sucker. We use one almost every day. You simply squeeze the bulb and place it into your baby's nostril and remove blockage.
- Thermometer - This is something that when you need it you need it right then. Fevers is babies can be really scary so you will want to know right away.
- Humidifier - A humidifier is another product that you will be so happy you already have when you need it. They are perfect for helping your baby sleep when they have a stuffed nose.
- Acetaminophen for infants - I was so grateful that a friend recommended buying some before our 2 month shots. It is another product you will be happy you have when it is needed.
- Hydrogen peroxide - Is perfect for cleaning out cuts.
- Rubbing alcohol - Is great to sterilize things
- Hydrocortisone cream - This cream will come in handy for things like bug bites.
- Sunscreen - We live in South Florida so this is something that is really important to us. According to our pediatrician you can use baby sunscreen on your baby's body starting at 2 months old (you may want to check with your doctor too). Ours recommended using a hat to protect their face because you don't want your baby to end up eating the sunscreen or getting it in their eyes.
Bonus don't forget about taking care of yourself. CeraVe offers a wide range of dermatologist developed products that deliver therapeutic skincare for all, including for us. The products include:
- Facial cleanser - The CeraVe Hydrating Facial Cleanser is a perfect daily cleanser for normal, dry or sensitive skin types. Your skin is able to retain moisture with CeraVe formula’s hyaluronic acid. It also has three essential ceramides to help restore the skin’s natural barrier.
- Moisturizing lotion - CeraVe Daily Moisturizing Lotion offer a lightweight, non-greasy lotion formulated with three essential ceramides. The lotion helps restore the skin’s protective barrier. It is able to lock moisture in and seal irritants out.
Leave a Reply