This post is sponsored by General Mills, but all opinions are my own.
Learn how to make the best original Game Day Chex Mix™ recipe, as well as tips for setting up the best homegating party for your family.
Football is back!!!! I think there is one team we can all root for…team SNACKS!!! In our house football is all about the food.
I have partnered with General Mills to share the yummy Game Day Chex Mix™ recipe that will help you prep for your next homegate. I also wanted to share this great deal with you- Fanatics Offer: * Purchase 3 qualifying General Mills products in the same transaction during the purchase period. Once verified, participants will be sent a $20 Fanatics Code (“Offer Item”) (est. value $20), while supplies last)
*Offer Purchase Period: 8/14/20–12/11/20. Limited quantities available. Submit eligible receipt for redemption by 12/31/20 or while supplies last. Open only to legal res of 50 US/DC, 18+ only. For full Terms and list of qualifying items, visit WeAreTailgateNation.com/Fanatics. Void where prohibited by law.
Decor for Homegating
If you have followed me you know I love my bar cart, balloons and printables. This homegating party is not different. I picked red and black for my favorite college team. I added in a pink because you know I love pink!!!
Add a football banner, sign and flag and lots of snacks and you are ready!!!
Menu for Homegating
We love using food as part of our decor. Our menu for this homegating included:
- Totino’s™ Pizza Rolls™ and tacos using Old El Paso™ Stand N Stuff Shells on a football snack board
- Snacks: Chex Mix™, Bugles™, Gardettos™
- Football Snack board with Game Day Chex Mix™ made with with Corn Chex™, Rice Chex™ and Wheat Chex™, and veggie chips and broccoli surrounding it.
- Football brownies with Betty Crocker™ Fudge Brownie Mix
We found everything at our local Walmart. Plus, find more recipe and ideas here!
Game Day Chex Mix™
To keep with the game day theme I cut a plate into thin strips and then taped it together in the shape of a football. I added the Game Day Chex Mix™ into the football shape. Then cut a cheese stick to create the laces. Go around the outside of the football with green treats and you have a game day platter ready to enjoy!!
Game Day Chex Mix™
- 3 cups Corn Chex™ cereal
- 3 cups Rice Chex™ cereal
- 3 cups Wheat Chex™ cereal
- 1 cup mixed nuts
- 1 cup bite-size pretzels
- 1 cup garlic-flavor bite-size bagel chips or regular-size bagel chips broken into 1-inch pieces
- 6 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1 1/2 teaspoons seasoned salt
- 3/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- In large microwavable bowl, mix cereals, nuts, pretzels and bagel chips; set aside. In small microwavable bowl, microwave butter uncovered on High about 40 seconds or until melted. Stir in seasonings. Pour over cereal mixture; stir until evenly coated.
- Microwave uncovered on High 5 to 6 minutes, thoroughly stirring every 2 minutes. Spread on paper towels to cool. Store in airtight container.