Since we are only 3 hours from Orlando we often spend the weekend in Orlando. On the day we arrive and the day we leave we almost always go to Disney Springs. There are so many things to do at Disney Springs and most of them are free or inexpensive. Disney Springs used to be called downtown Disney.
- Free Parking – How pretty is this entry into the parking garage? I wish every parking lot had Disney technology. They have sensor counters on every parking spot so they can tell you how many open spots there are on each floor.
- Free Entertainment – From DJs to Street performances to concerts there is always lots of entertainment and it is all free.
- Free LEGO Building – In addition to being one of my favorite locations for a photo stop by the Lego store to build your own creation or your own car and race other guests. Check out their website for other free building events every month where you can take home a little creation too.
- Free Boat Ride – The ferry boat is a fun way to get around or a short pleasure cruise. You can climb aboard at the Port Orleans Resort, Key West Resort and Saratoga Springs and Spa.
- Free Photo Opps – In true Disney style Disney Springs is picturesque. With Lego statues and Princesses you can get lots of great shots.
- Free Chocolate and Chocolate Making – I never say no to chocolate. The Ghiradelli Chocolate Shop gives guests a sweet treat for visiting the store! We also love to go to the Disney bakery to watch them make their creations.
- Free Fairy Dust – Even if you are not ready for the full experience you can stop by the Bibbidi Bobbidi Boutique for a free sprinkling of fairy dust to your hair.
- Free Splash Pad – The interactive splash pad is a blast for the kids to play, dance and to cool off.
- Free Mr. Potato Head Building - Stop by Once Upon a Toy to build the ultimate Mr. potato Head.
- Hidden Mickeys - A Hidden Mickey is a representation of Mickey Mouse that has been inserted subtly into the design of a ride, attraction, or other location in a Disney theme park, Disney properties, animated film, feature-length movie, TV series, or other Disney product. Look for Hidden Mickeys at Disney Springs too. Can you see them in the Once Upon a Toy sign?
- Free Dino Dig – Uncover dinosaur bones inside the T Rex Restaurant.
What are your favorite things to do at Disney Springs?