Disclosure: The vehicle was provided to me for testing purposes and editorial consideration for our trip to Epcot International Festival of the Holidays and Candlelight Processional. All opinions are 100% my own.
Epcot® International Festival of the Holidays
This was our second trip to Epcot with B. In September we focused on the rides and enjoying the food and wine festival. This trip I wanted to make it to all the countries. It was so much fun especially because each country is decorated so beautifully for Christmas.
Video Highlights: Epcot® International Festival of the Holidays & Candlelight Processional
We explored the Christmas decor and traditions of Japan, China, Mexico, Germany, Norway, France, England and Canada. The band singing Feliz Navidad was a highlight for all of us. It is B's favorite song. Kurt has clients in China and Japan so B loves experiences these countries. She finally had a chance to see some of the traditions her dad's clients may have at home.
I love how each country serves iconic food as well. And can we talk about these poinsettias and Christmas trees?
Candlelight Processional 2017
The Candlelight Processional is an annual event. We have not been in years. The event includes a huge choir, joined by a 50-piece live orchestra and a celebrity narrator. Together they tell the story of Christmas in words and music, in a very moving performance. Performances are held at the America Gardens Theatre. The stand by lines were very long. We saw people lining up at 2pm for the 5pm show. We got in line at 4pm and I was worried we might not get a seat. The theater holds more people than I thought it would. Next year we will do one of the dinner packages that guarantees you a seat in the theater.
Dates and Times for 2017 Candlelight Processional
November 24 - December 27, 2017
Performances take place each evening at
5:00 pm, 6:45 pm and 8:15 pm (no 5:00 show on 12/4)
2017 Candlelight Processional Narrators
This year, an exciting line-up of celebrities—including a few new faces and voices—are set to lend their talents, including:
- Laurie Hernandez – November 24 to 26, 2017 New!
- Matt Bomer – November 27 to 28, 2017 New!
- Ana Gasteyer – November 29 to 30, 2017
- Whoopi Goldberg – December 1 to 3, 2017
- Pat Sajak – December 4 to 5, 2017 New!
- Jodi Benson – December 6 to 8, 2017
- Kurt Russell – December 9 to 11, 2017 New!
- Warwick Davis – December 12 to 14, 2017 New!
- Trace Adkins – December 15 to 17, 2017
- Neil Patrick Harris – December 18 to 21, 2017
- CCH Pounder – December 22 to 24, 2017 New!
- Jaci Velasquez – December 25 to 27, 2017
- Chandra Wilson – December 28 to 30, 2017
NOTE: Celebrity narrators, dates and other entertainment are subject to change without notice. Epcot admission is required.
How to get to the Epcot® International Festival of the Holidays
Thank you to Mazda for our ride for the week, Mazda CX-5. We loved this car. It is the perfect size SUV for not only family trips, but for getting around town as well.
Highlights of the Mazda CX-5
- Active Driver Display - Windshield projected active driver display with traffic sign recognition, your speed and the speed limit. I am not sure I can go back to driving a car without it.
- Heated Seats - even though it does not get super cold in Florida the heated seats felt so good after walking 20,000 steps at Epcot.
- BOSE Sound System and XM radio - we were rocking out to Christmas music all the way to Orlando.
- Lane Departure Warning with Lane Keep Assist - I love that you no longer need to worry about anyone being in your blind spot with this technology.
- Interior - How pretty is this two tone interior!
Have you been to Epcot to experience the International Festival of the Holidays & Candlelight Processional?