We recently hosted house guests. I love to entertain except for when it comes to feeding everyone. I am starting to enjoy cooking more but I still don't have confidence in my skills or a good list of meals that are healthy and delicious. I love my crock pot especially when we have house guests. I love coming into the house and having it smell like I have been in the kitchen cooking all day. I also love the flexibility the crock pot gives me so that I don't have to worry about being stuck in the kitchen while our guests are here. I call this recipe Cream Cheese Chicken Goodness
I found this recipe from The Larson Lingo Blog. I have made it a couple of times and we love it. It is even better the next day and makes enough for 6-8 people.
Ingredients for Cream Cheese Chicken Goodness
- 2.5-3lbs of frozen Chicken Breasts
- 8 oz block of cream cheese (⅓ less fat or regular is fine, do not recommend nonfat)
- Can of Black or Pinto Beans drained & rinsed
- Can of Corn, drained
- 16oz of Salsa, I like things mild, but I would recommend at least medium salsa
Directions for Cream Cheese Chicken Goodness
- Step 1 - Put frozen chicken in the crock pot first then the cream cheese on top of the chicken. Finally add the beans and corn after draining and rinsing them. Finally add the salsa.
- Step 2 - Cook on low for 6-8 hours
- Step 3 - Break the chicken breast up or leave the Breast whole.
- Step 4 - turn the crock pot off and let it sit for 30-45 minutes so if is less soupy. Serve over rice, in a tortilla or simply in a bowl with your favorite toppings. For us this is more salsa, cheese and sour cream.
Note: next time I am going to try this with a packet of dry ranch dressing.
When will you be making Cream Cheese Chicken Goodness?
Pin for later to make Cream Cheese Chicken Goodness