This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertisers. All opinions are mine alone for Chocolate Peanut Butter Cupcakes. #DelightfulMoments #SplashOfDelight #CollectiveBias I have a confession I am obsessed with Peanut Butter Cups. Move over peanut butter and jelly. Peanut butter and chocolate are my all time favorite combination. So when I saw International Delight® REESE’S® Peanut Butter Cup I knew I had to try it. Who does not want their favorite candy in their coffee? As you know our daughter loves to bake. She knows that peanut butter cups are my all time favorite candy so she had a great idea to make chocolate peanut butter cupcakes with a surprise inside. Do you love Chocolate check out these other Chocolate Treats:
- Mini Nutella Pies,
- Chewy Cookies and Cream No Bake Marshmallow Bars,
- Salty Sweet Chocolate Caramel Cookies,
- Oreo Cookie Balls
When we went to Walmart to get all the supplies for our Reese’s Peanut Butter Cup cupcakes we also bought International Delight® HERSHEY’S® Chocolate Caramel.
I am all about making life easier. You don’t have to tell anyone you used a box mix for the cupcakes. Making your icing from scratch is so easy and is a great way to make your cupcakes taste like you spent all day making them from scratch. And once you bite inside you get to see the second surprise, a Peanut Butter Cup. All you have to do is drop the peanut butter cup into each cupcakes before you pop it into the oven. During the backing process it will get pushed down so it does not all melt while cooking.
These are so yummy my husband had two of them as soon as he got home from work. With a stand up mixer for the icing anyone can make it. B took over almost the entire part of the icing. We had a super messy kitchen with powdered sugar everywhere, but it was worth it in the end.
How to Make Chocolate Peanut Butter Cupcakes
Get the complete recipe and how to steps below.
Visit their Pinterest page or this hub to find recipe inspiration for delicious, seasonal treats.
Chocolate Peanut Butter Cupcakes
- 1 box chocolate cake mix and all ingredients
- 20-25 mini Peanut Butter Cups divided
- 2 stick unsalted butter soften to room temperature
- 1/2 cup International Delight® REESE’S® Peanut Butter Cup
- 4 cups Powdered sugar divided
- Make your cupcakes according to your box instructions.
- Once you have poured the batter into the cupcake liners drop a peanut butter cup at the top. And bake according to the cake box instructions.
- Beat the butter in a stand up mixer until creamed
- Add in powdered sugar 1 cup at a time until blended
- Whip in International Delight® REESE’S® Peanut Butter Cup until combined.
Assemble Chocolate Peanut Butter Cupcakes
- Once cupcakes are cool. Top with the icing.
- Chop up left over peanut butter cups and top each of the cupcakes. Serve and enjoy!