These dessert, Chocolate Deviled Eggs will have you wondering why you’ve never thought to turn hard boiled eggs into a dessert before. Sponsored by Great Day Farms. All opinions are my own.
Chocolate Deviled Eggs
Last year, I was introduced to Great Day Farms eggs. I don't know what it is about making a hard boiled egg that is so difficult for me. I was happy to learn that I was not alone when I was I shared my recipe for Avocado Egg Salad.
There are so many ways to enjoy hard boiled eggs. I love using them to make egg salad or eating them plain. There is one way I have never tried them, as dessert. Since everything is better with sprinkles I thought it would be fun to try something new a dessert.
Spring is a great time for low key playdates too. For this playdate I had B pick what she wanted to do with her friends. She came up with the idea of painting pots with her friends. So, we found mini pots that were the perfect pots for this DIY project.
Tips for painting pots at a playdate.
- Use craft paper to create a painting station for each kid.
- Give each kid a paint container and give them all the same colors.
- Have extra paintbrushes; instead of worrying about rinsing out the brush for each color.
- Allow the pots to dry overnight.
The filling for these Chocolate Deviled Eggs include ingredients you may already have at home. The ingredients include: cream cheese, cocoa powder, powdered sugar, heavy cream, vanilla extract and salt.
Making these Chocolate Deviled Eggs is super easy especially when you use Great Day Farms. All you need to do is combine all the ingredients including egg yokes and pipe into the egg white.
Chocolate Deviled Eggs
- 6 hard boiled eggs
- 3 Tablespoons cream cheese
- 3 teaspoons unsweetened, dark cocoa powder
- 1-½ Tablespoons confectioner’s sugar
- 1-½ Tablespoons heavy cream
- ½ teaspoon vanilla extract
- pinch of salt
- Cut the Great Farms Eggs in halve. Remove yolks and mash them into a bowl.
- Add the cream cheese, cream and vanilla to the yolks. Make sure you mix everything together thoroughly.
- Add the cocoa, sugar and salt and continue to mix until the mixture is smooth. You can use a fork or a food processor.
- Add the mixture into an icing bag and fill the whites.
- Top with your favorite sprinkles
*Recipe by Oho Eggs