This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. #CollectiveBias #NestleCoffeePods #WakeUpWithCoffeeMate
If you follow me on Instagram you know I just returned from three back to back trips. Two of them were without my family. The first was a blogging retreat at sea. As the incoming President of a women's service organization I travel at least three times a year without my family. My trips are generally just an extended weekend. And I am always connected. The thought of being totally disconnected for a week while at sea and in Mexico was super stressful. It made me realize that I have put a lot of systems in place that I did not even give myself credit for.
For example our weekly meal planning has really changed how we buy groceries and has taken the stress of meal planning away. And making lunches has become really simple with our school lunch system. Being on the ship I also realized that we have found the best morning routine for school too.
Best Morning Routine for School
The early start time for Kindergarten turned our schedule upside down. The first day of school I literally took a nap after B and Kurt left for school. I knew we needed to focus on our morning routine for school so we could make it through the year.
Prep Everything You Can the Night Before
Do everything you can the night before to make the morning as easy as possible.
- Pick out outfits for the next day and lay them out.
- Have a master calendar for your family so you know what is coming up and you are not surprised in the morning.
- Review any homework or paperwork that you need to sign.
- Pack lunch and have it ready for the morning
- Pack backpacks with everything except for the lunch boxes.
- Plan breakfast. My breakfast is the easiest since all I need is a cup of coffee. And now with NESTLÉ® COFFEE-MATE® 2 in 1 Coffee + Creamer Single Serve Pods, French Vanilla and Hazelnut all I need is a mug and my coffee maker.
- Go to bed on time.
Morning Routine for School
Coffee is an essential part of my morning routine. How and where I enjoy my coffee depends on who is awake when I get up.
- Set a timer with a 15 minute warning so you know when it is getting closer for you to leave.
- Depending on if B is up when I get up I enjoy my coffee while the house is still quiet or sitting at the table with my family as their enjoy the rest of their breakfast. These NESTLÉ® COFFEE-MATE® 2 in 1 Coffee + Creamer Single Serve Pods help me save time while still having the great taste of coffee and coffee-mate. You can use them with Keurig® K-Cup® and 2.0 Brewers. I love the flavor of COFFEE-MATE® French Vanilla flavored creamer and that they are together in the same pod for the first time. We like to do a little shake, shake of the pods while the machine is heating up.
Now that the weather is hoping starting to get cooler I take some time to meditate by the pool. They are also available in Hazelnut flavor tooOr I enjoy my office on the patio and take some time to think of three things I am most grateful for and write them in my gratitude log to get the day started on the right foot.
Now is a great time to stock up on NESTLÉ® COFFEE-MATE® 2 in 1 Coffee + Creamer Single Serve Pods. Earn $2.50 off any 1 COFFEE-MATE® Coffee Pod (10 ct.) Head to your local Walmart to stock up.
Lauren Sisley says
Great post! As another Mom of a kindergartner I also know the importance of night/morning routines. We oftentimes have our 6 year old help out with getting ready for the next day. I usually lay clothes out with her baby sister in my arms (which is a challenge) but having a consistent routine helps us stay sane and maximize on our sleep. Thanks for sharing some of your tips. That coffee looks awesome!!!
I still don’t understand why school starts so early!!! This coffee is amazing. Hope you try it soon!