Bailey and I went to The Girls U Pick yesterday, read my post here. The weather has not been cold enough for the Strawberries to be ready yet. They had tomatoes and string beans ready to pick. We had a blast. I wanted to make sure that we enjoyed all the tomatoes we picked so I found this recipe on emeals.com and adapted it to include my favorite balsamic glaze. I would highly recommend this meal. It was fun and easy to make and it was the most colorful dish we have made recently, Baked Caprese Chicken.
Prep time -
Cook time - 3
Total time - 4
Ingredients for Baked Caprese Chicken
- 4 chicken breasts
- 1 oz of fresh basil, can be thinly sliced, torn or whole leaves
- 20 cherry tomatoes, sliced
- 8oz of fresh mozzarella cheese, thinly sliced
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon pepper
- 2 tablespoon olive oil
- Balsamic glaze
Instructions for Baked Caprese Chicken
- Preheat oven to 350
- Line a 13x9 pan with aluminum foil (this is optional, but my favorite recommendation for easy clean up)
- Place chicken on top of the aluminum foil
- Season chicken with the salt and pepper
- Top the chicken with fresh basil (don't forget to take a moment to enjoy the spell of the basil), sliced tomatoes and mozzarella (I let Bailey slice some of the tomatoes herself with a dull knife;) drizzle with olive oil.
- Bake for 30 minutes or until chicken is done
- Then drizzle with balsamic glaze.
- Finally Enjoy!
Notes: You can also serve with pasta or bread.
Mozzarella, Tomatoes, and Basil are my favorite flavors. Do you have a favorite recipe with these three ingredients? Comment down below.
Pin for Later