This creamy avocado dip has a great flavor it is made with avocado, greek yogurt and so you could also call it Avocado Greek Yogurt dip.
Anyways, to make the dip I combined plain Greek yogurt, avocados, garlic, cilantro, lime, and ground cumin in our blender and mixed until smooth. I seasoned it with salt and pepper, grabbed my pita chips, and got dipping. This dip is also great with tortilla tips, cut up veggies, or even great as a sandwich spread. The dip tastes similar to guacamole, but really creamy and really, really delicious! And the dip is green so it is perfect for St. Patrick’s Day next week! You don’t even have to get out the green food coloring:)
I hope you enjoy this Creamy Avocado Yogurt Dip as much as I do. It is one of my favorite healthy dips to make and eat!
Why You’ll Love this Avocado Greek Yogurt Recipe
This dip is so easy to make. And it works for all sorts of occasions. You can have it as a snack or a salad dressing. For football season I made it into these adorable footballs by putting the dip back into the avocado skins. Then piping the laces on with sour cream. Serve it with your favorite crackers, chips, and veggies.
This avocado dip is very creamy and has probiotics thanks to the yogurt. And it is ready in two minutes or less.
Ingredients for Avocado Greek Yogurt Recipe
- Sour cream
- Plain yogurt
- Parmesan cheese
- Cilantro (optional)
- Pinch of salt
- Juice of a lime
How to Make Creamy Avocado Dip
– Mash the avocados and mix everything together
– Add extra cilantro for garnish
How to Make Avocado Footballs
Once you have made the dip spoon it back into the avocado shell.
Put the sour cream into a plastic bag, cut off end of the bag.
Squeeze the sour cream to create the laces of the football.
- No Sour Cream – You can sub out the sour cream and replace it with more yogurt.
- Cilantro – You can make it without cilantro
- Garlic Powder – You can add in extra garlic flavor
- Greek Yogurt – You can use full fat or low fat yogurt.
- Lemon Juice – you can use lemon juice instead of lime juice. It will make the dip a little sweeter.
- Spicy – add in cayenne, paprika, red pepper flakes, balsamic vinegar or a chopped-up jalapeño to add in some heat.
- Ground Cumin – add cumin for an earthy tone.
The great thing about this recipe is that you just need a knife to open the avocado, a bowl and a fork to mix it together.
Store this avocado yogurt dip in an air tight container and place in the refrigerator for 2 to 3 days long.
You want to use avocados that are ripe. Meaning they should be firm but you can push on them. The skin should be dark, not green. If it’s green, let it sit at room temp for a day or two to darken.
Make extra to have as a salad dressing. It will not disappointment you.
What to Serve it With
Serve it with these delicious Air fryer Hot Pockets
How Do You Keep Avocados from Turning Brown?
To prevent the avocado from turning brow you want to use lime juice in the dip. The citric acid from the lime juice is a strong antioxidant that will help slow the browning process down once it is mixed together. Note that it may still turn brown but it will slow down the process.
Video How to Make
Avocado Greek Yogurt Recipe
- 2 avocados
- 1/2 cup plain Greek yogurt
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- a squeeze of lime juice to taste
- 1/4 teaspoon salt more to taste
- 4 Tablespoons parmesan cheese
- Mash avocado.
- Mix in yogurt, sour cream, lime juice, parmesan cheese, and salt. Adjust to taste. VOILA! Two minutes and done.
Pin for Later: Avocado Greek Yogurt Recipe