Looking for a new way to save over $1000 this week with this 52 Week Money Saving Challenge. This weekly money saving challenge can be changed into a biweekly money saving challenge if that works better for you. Download the free 52 week money saving challenge printable. Thank you to P&G for sponsoring this post.
Last month I shared how we achieved one of our biggest goals being debt free in my post Good Ways to Save Money. It was one of my post popular posts and I have gotten so many questions about people can start. I thought one of the best ways is to start is with this 52 week money saving challenge. I even created a 52 week money saving challenge printable that you can download the 52 Week Money Challenge.
52 Week Money Saving Challenge
What is the 52 Week Money Saving Challenge?
If you are working on your savings goal, having an emergency fund is really important. Unexpected bills come up all the time. Experts recommend having savings of 6 months, but if you are just starting out on the path 6 months may seem overwhelming.
Personally, I found that creating a small goal is easy to start. Creating an emergency fund this year could be as simple as saving $20/week. Once you realize how easy it is to save just $20 a week you can set a long term saving goal based on the same idea. If you invest $20 every week for 20 years at a 7% return, it will be worth $45,334.96.
How to Track 52 Week Challenge
Print this 52 Week Money Challenge. You can place a checkmark next to each week that you were able to save so that you can track your progress.
Setup a separate bank account so that you can set the money aside and forget about it.
Easy Ways to Save Money this Week
- Leave the kids at home when shopping
- Write a list and stick to your list
- Stock up on your favorite products when they are on sale
For example, Simplify Your Savings this week you can save $20 on P&G products at Publix.
Gain, Tide, Downy, Bounce - $2.00 off 1
- Gain (75-100oz.)
- Tide Pods or Gain Flings (26 or 35ct.)
- Downy or Gain (129oz.) Liquid Softener
- Bounce or Gain (240ct.) Dryer Sheets
- Downy or Gain (14.8oz.) Scent Booster
Bounty - $5.00 off
- Bounty 6 Double Rolls or 8 Single Plus
- Charmin 6 Super Mega or 9 Mega
Cascade/Dawn - $2,00 off 2
- Cascade, Action Pac (14, 16, 18, 25ct.)
- 75oz. complete or Dawn (40oz.)
Hair (3.2-32.1oz.) $2.00 off 2
- Pantene Pro-V
- Head & Shoulders
- Herbal Essences or Aussie Shampoo
- Conditioners Stylers & Treatments
Olay Masterbrand - $1.00 off
- Olay Products (.4 – 30oz. OR 6 to 33-ct. (excludes trial size))
Oral Care - $1.00 off
- Crest 3D White Toothpaste (4.1 oz. box)
- Pro-Health (5.1 – 6.3 oz. box)
- Complete (8oz. box)
- Scope Rinse (1-lt. bot.)
- Pro-Health Rinse (500ML)
Secret/Old Spice Mega - $1.00 off 2
- Secret or Old Spice Anti-Perspirants (2.4 to 3.25oz. pkg.)
- Old Spice Body Wash ( 16 to 30oz. pkg.)
- Hair Care (2.64 to 12oz. pkg. (excluding clinical & trial size))
Feminine Care - $1.00 off 2
- Tampax Pearl Tampons or Radiant Tampons (28 to 36 ct. box)
- Always Infinity, Radiant, Ultra Thin, or Maxi Pads (18 to 46 ct. pkg.)
Pampers - $7.00 off 2
- Pampers Swaddlers, Cruisers, Baby Dry of Pure Diapers (44 4o 104 ct. box)
Food and Drink
- Meal plan using store ads and using your pantry items.
- Have a leftover night. You can cook in bulk and freeze meals.
- Skip eating out at least one meal.
- If you do eat out avoid ordering drinks, apps and desserts. Also look for good happy hour or kids eating free deals.
- Bring your lunch to work instead of eating out.
- Avoid shopping at quick stop shops like a gas station
- Use coupons
- Stop smoking, if you are a smoker
- Carpool when you are able
- Bring coffee or a drink with you so you are not tempted to stop at your favorite local coffee shop
- Turn off lights when you are not in the room
- Review everyday bills to see if there is a better package that could save you money
- Budget as a family and stick to it
- Transfer/save any loose change – some banks have an automatic setting for this, or you could use a jar in your kitchen cupboard
If weekly feels overwhelming, you could make this a bi weekly saving challenge.