I love Fall, which is sort of ironic because we live in South Florida so summer and fall are pretty similar. Even though the leaves may not change and it may be 90 degrees at the pumpkin patch I still love fall and South Florida does have a lot to offer for fall.
- Pumpkin Patch – I like to go to as many as possible. Including our favorites Bedner’s Farm, United Method Church in Delray and our churches pumpkin patch, Grace Community Church
- Halloween Fall Fest at the Delray Beach Historical Society – October 16th 6 pm – 9 pm. FREE. Ghost Town Delray Haunted House,” Outdoor movies on the big screen, History Exhibit, games, crafts, historic family photos, trick or treating, refreshments. DBHS Campus: 3 NE 3rd Street
- Junior League of Boca’s Trick or Treat so Others Can Eat at the Boca Raton Community Garden. October 24th at 10am. Bring a pack of Diapers for the Junior League of Boca Raton’s Diaper Bank.
- Halloween Party at the Y – October 24th 6:30-9:00pm. Enjoy Halloween with your family at the Y! Activities will include: Haunted House, Magician, Hay Rides, Fire Dancers, Kids Journey Through Oz Adventure, Trick or Treating and much more! See Website for tickets including pre-sale pricing.
- Fall Fest and Trunk or Treat – October 24th 4:00-7:00pm Firetruck Hayride, Carnival Games, Crafts, Professional photo opportunity, candy giveaway and more.
- Boynton Beach Haunted Pirates Fest and Maid Splash – East Ocean Ave & Federal Highway, Downtown Boynton Beach
- Hoot ‘N’ Howl – At Daggerwing Nature Center. Friday, October 30, 6-9pm all ages, free (reservations not required). Bring the kids in costume to enjoy not-so-scary Halloween games and crafts while learning about spooky creatures of the night such as bats, owls, snakes and spiders! Bring a flashlight and bug spray to continue the adventure by exploring the boardwalk.
- Trick or Treating – lots of options on October 31st – Trick-or-Treat Along the Avenue – 11:30 am – 1:00 pm. All children are welcome to show off their Halloween costumes and Trick-or-Treat along the avenue and Pineapple Grove (between Swinton Avenue and the Intracoastal Waterway.) For more information, contact Harvey Brown, Harvey L. Brown Agency, Inc., at (561) 276-0369 or 561-573-5000. – Halloween Parade – At 1:00 pm, children are invited to begin lining up to participate in the Halloween Parade at the southeast corner of Old School Square Park. The Halloween Parade route will go east on Atlantic Avenue through downtown Delray Beach to Veterans Park. – Halloween Kidsfest– 1:00 pm – 4:00 pm. Immediately following the Halloween Parade, all children are invited to join the City at Kidsfest! Kidsfest is a free family event in Veterans Park, 802 NE 1st Street, that features live entertainment, a bounce house, food vendors, a make-and-take craft area and much, much more. – Town Center Mall we went last year and it was crowded but a fun place to trick or treat.
- Dinosaurs Around the World at The South Florida Science Center and Aquarium – “Dinosaurs Around the World” invites guests to travel back to an age when dinosaurs ruled the planet – no time machine required. In addition to the pack that will be on display like a prehistoric zoo, the exhibit also features a multi-layered narrative, fossils, authentic casts, cutting-edge research and immersive design elements. The resulting story is a clearly painted picture about the prehistoric planet and its early inhabitants. Opening on November 1 and runs through April 16, 2016
- Veterans Day Parade – VFW Post 4141 Ceremony at Veterans Park November 11th from 9:30, 10:00- Parade From Veteran’s Park to Old School Square Park. The City of Delray Beach is proud to pay tribute to the dedicated men and women who have served in the armed forces.
- Veteran’s Day Concert – November 11th at 7pm at Mizner
- The Motowners – November 13th at 7:30pm. Free Friday Concerts. The Motowners is a tribute band that offers classic performances of music by The Temptations, Four Tops, and other legends of Motown. Delray Beach Center for the Arts / Outdoor Pavilion. delrayarts.org
- Lagoonfest – November 14th in West Palm
- FAU BAND-O-RAMA! – November 22nd at 7pm at Mizner
What items are on your fall bucket list? Did I miss any events in South Florida?