This delicious bowl of fried rice may look like rice, but it’s not! Swap out the rice with a low calorie and low carb Cauliflower Fried Rice. Make it tonight. Tastes just like fried rice! This is a sponsored conversation written by me on behalf of Pagoda®. The opinions and text are all mine.
I have been trying to find new ways to include more vegetables into my diet with recipes my family will enjoy like Shrimp Zoodles and Sausage Soup with Vegetables. So far, my family has loved Low Carb Shrimp Zoodle and Minestrone Soup recipes. Now that the holidays are officially here, I have been looking for additional recipes with lots of vegetables that I can use when entertaining.
We love to entertain. When we have company over I try to not get stuck in the kitchen the entire time. I am excited to partner with Pagoda®. Their egg rolls and potstickers are so delicious and they are ready in less than 20 minutes. Pagoda Snacks are made with fresh-cut veggies, from scratch-wrappers, and 100% white meat chicken. They’re made with no certified artificial dyes, no MSG, no trans fats, no PHOs, no high fructose corn syrup, and no preservatives. We made the egg rolls in the toaster oven and cooked the potstickers in a skillet.
At the same time, we also made the cauliflower fried rice. They come with sauce so you get everything you need in one box. Combine them with this healthy cauliflower fried rice and you have the perfect meal for your family or when you are hosting friends and family over the holidays. It can be so hard to find food that everyone in our family enjoys!
We went to our local Publix and bought both Pagoda White Meat Chicken Egg Rolls 4 count that comes with Sweet Chili Sauce and Pagoda Pork Potstickers that comes with Lime Ponzu Sauce. Now is a great time to stock up with these Publix digital coupons.
Cauliflower Fried Rice
I still cannot believe how this healthy cauliflower rice tastes just like fried rice. There is no reason to go back to regular fried rice. And with only 130 calories per serving, it is a win-win. There are so many ways to enjoy it. Just as is or with chicken or shrimp.
- 1 head cauliflower, chopped into florets or bagged cauliflower rice
- 1 Tbsp sesame oil
- 1 small onion, chopped finely
- ½ cup frozen peas
- ½ cup carrots, cubed
- ¼ cup low sodium soy sauce
- 1 Tbsp light brown sugar
- ⅛ tsp. ground ginger
- 2 eggs, beaten
- Pinch red pepper flakes for the soy mixture
- Green onions, chopped for a topping
Video: How to Make Cauliflower Fried Rice
How to Make Cauliflower Fried Rice
- Remove the stem of the cauliflower. Then chop the cauliflower into florets. Shred cauliflower using the largest side of a grater OR by just pulsing the florets in a food processor. The end product should resemble smallish grains of rice, set aside. You can also use a bag of cauliflower rice.
- In a wok or skillet heat sesame oil on medium. Combine onion, ,peas and carrots. Saute them for 2-3 minutes; set aside
- Then in a small bowl, combine together soy sauce, brown sugar, ginger and red pepper flakes (if you like some spice); set aside.
- Create room in the pan to cook the eggs. Scramble the eggs until cooked. Then combine the eggs into the veggies.
- Add in cauliflower “rice” and the soy sauce over top in the skillet. Combine everything together and cook for 2-4 more minutes. Your vegetables should be soft and tender.
- Optional: Top with green onions.
- Serve with Pagoda Potstickers and Egg Rolls with chopsticks or a fork and enjoy!
Recipe adapted from Eat Yourself Skinny