I love the holidays and South Florida offers so many free and fun events for the holidays. Last year my holiday bucket list was my most popular post of the year. It has grown even more this year. So much so that I have split it into three separate posts. Below is my Holiday Bucket List November 2016. I will post the December list and a Bucket list of items with events that are open more than one day shortly.
Holiday Bucket List November 2016:
- Friday, November 11th 7:00-9:00 pm at Mizner – Veteran’s Day Concert – A Veterans Day evening concert will feature the Florida Wind Symphony. For more information call 561.393.7995
- Friday, November 11th 6-7:30 pm at Town Center at Boca Raton in the Nordstrom wing – welcome Santa! There will be live entertainment, a hot chocolate bar, yummy treats and a craft for the kiddos. Be sure to stick around for story time with Santa.
- Friday, November 11th Gates open at 6:30pm Concert starts at 7:30pm – Downtown Delray Free Friday Concert, 7:30 p.m., Outdoor Pavilion, 51 N. Swinton Ave. Delray Beach, Florida 33444. Joel Dasilva & the Midnight Howl (blues).
- Saturday, November 12th – Fun starts at 3pm and performances start at 6pm – Holidays around the World at CityPlace Watch the season’s first snowfall while shopping and dining around the shops at CityPlace. Take a break from holiday shopping to join in the fun and activities starting at 3 PM. Catch the lighting of our 40-foot tree, then gather around for the main event – a dazzling performance of “Holidays Around the World,” kicking off at 6 PM.
- Saturday, November 12th – 9am-2pm Lagoonfest fest – in West Palm
- Sunday, November 13th from noon-4pm – Hoffmans Chocolate’s Family Fun Day in Delray Marketplace
- Friday, November 18th Gates open at 6:30pm Concert starts at 7:30pm – Free Friday Concerts. Solid Brass (class rock/R&B). Delray Beach Center for the Arts / Outdoor Pavilion.
- Saturday, November 19th at 6pm- Light up your Holiday at Harbourside Place – Kick-off the holidays at Harbourside Place’s 2nd Annual Tree Lighting Ceremony!
Performances by local schools and community groups
- Sunday, November 20th at 7pm at Mizner – FAU BAND-O-RAMA!
- Tuesday, November 22nd 5:30-10:00 pm – City of Fort Lauderdale Light up the Beach
- Wednesday, November 23rd at 5:30pm – City of Boca Raton’s HOLIDAY TREE LIGHTING CEREMONY at Mizner Park Amphitheater. Come kick-off the Holiday season with our annual tree lighting ceremony on “Thanksgiving Eve”. There will be the traditional holiday tree lighting, stage show, rides, games, snow and pictures with Santa( for a fee). For more information call 561.393.7995.
- Friday, November 25th at 6pm – Christmas Tree Lighting and Concert at The Boca Raton Resort and Club – A spectacular holiday family celebration at the Resort’s Front Courtyard. Ornaments come to life when costumed characters from the national tour of CIRQUE DREAMS’ HOLIDAZE perform astonishing acrobatic feats that celebrate the holiday season with spectacle, imagination and whimsy!
- Friday, November 25th Gates open at 6:30pm Concert starts at 7:30pm – Free Friday Concerts – Pocket Change (dance/Top 40/Motown) Delray Beach Center for the Arts / Outdoor Pavilion.
- Tuesday, November 29th from 5:00-10:00pm – Christmas on Las Olas Fort Lauderdale tradition and a wonderful kick-off to the holiday season that can be enjoyed by all ages. Local choirs from schools and churches fill the air with the sounds of the holidays from 3 stages while crowds who filled their bellies with sips and sweets! The event is in Fort Lauderdale between S.E. 6th Avenue and S.E. 11th Avenue, and is free and open to the public.
- Note dates and times are subject to change. I recommend checking the links or calling before going.