This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser, Mars Wrigley Confectionery US, LLC. All opinions are mine alone. #SweetnessToShare #CollectiveBias
My family loves Milk and I have been fortunate to work with them earlier this year with these amazing Nutella Mini Pies. They paired perfectly with milk and they were so delicious. I am excited to partner with Milk, MARS® Chocolate & Ball® Jars. Since I love using mason jars for serving drinks (these football mason jars were such a hit!) I immediately knew I wanted to create a Peppermint Chip Milk Shake. This peppermint chip milkshake is inspired by a milkshake from my favorite fast food restaurant. I think I might even like it even more than the original!
Growing up my mom was FAMOUS for her milkshakes. As a kid, I did not realize that it was not normal to have a milkshake machine in your home. Milkshakes were such a big part of our lives that when my parents remodeled their kitchen they put in a special cabinet that pulled out for the perfect milkshake making area. We called them “Momma Momma Milkshakes”. We do not have a milkshake machine so we used a blender which worked well especially with breaking up the candy canes. When I made them the first time I crushed the candy canes in a plastic bag. The next time I made them I put them in whole and let the blender do all the work. I love being able to cut out unnecessary steps and have less items to clean.
To make the shakes feel extra special I used my “secret” ingredient, M&M’S®to decorate the glass. I also made some simple chocolate bark with M&M’S® White Peppermint. I love making chocolate bark. It is so easy to make and there are so many varieties. Simply heat chocolate or candy melts in a microwave or double boiler. Then pour the melted chocolate onto a cookie sheet covered with parchment paper. Add additional colors if you want and swirl them together. Finally add your toppings and place in the freezer or refrigerator until they are hard.
Hover over the products to buy them online now.
This holiday season treat your friends and family to the sweetest gift with this Peppermint Chip Milkshake. The recipe can be used for three types of gifts:
- The gift of family time to create holiday memories. This Peppermint Chip Milkshake is not only fun to make as a family, but is a treat everyone can enjoy.
- The gift of sharing a sweet treat with family and friends. Instead of running around town buy gifts I would prefer to spend quality time with friends and family. Who can say no to a yummy milkshake!
- The gift of donation. For every purchase of M&M’S® Brand Chocolate Candies (9.4 oz or larger) at Walmart between 11/01/2017 and 12/25/2017, Mars Chocolate Inc.® will donate $5.00 to Feeding America® on behalf of its national network of food banks to secure and deliver one (1) half gallon of milk or more based on local markets. Maximum donation of $75,000. Learn more about The Great American Milk Drive and and how you can give back to kids in need this holiday, by visiting www.milklife.com/give.
Topping for the Glass Rim:
- Ball® Mason Jar
- Spoonful of vanilla icing
- ¼ cup of Great Value® Milk – You can use more or less depending on how thick you like it. You can also use the variety your family enjoys the most.
- 1/2 cup M&M’S®
- 4 scoops of vanilla ice cream
- 6 candy canes
- Spoonful of vanilla icing
- Peppermint Bark – made with candy melts and M&M’S® White Peppermint.
- Crushed Peppermint
Pro Tip: I used a combination of M&M’S® Holiday and M&M’S® Brand Minis Milk Chocolate Baking Bits
Video: How to Make Peppermint Chip Milkshake
- Using a knife cover the rim of the Ball® Jars with vanilla icing. Then add M&M’S® and place in the refrigerator while you make the milkshake
- In a blender combine ice cream, milk, M&M’S®, and candy canes. Mix until combined.
- Pour into your Ball® Jar and top with whipped cream, crushed candy canes, peppermint bark and a straw.
Ready to head to Walmart to get all your ingredients. Here is where you can find the M&M’S®, Ball® Jars and Great Value® Milk.
Who will you share a Peppermint Chip Milkshake with first?