This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and Mazola® Corn Oil for Chicken Broccoli and Sweet Potato Sheet Pan Dinner. All opinions are mine alone. #simpleswap #CollectiveBias.
How many servings of vegetables do you eat each day? Last year I realized I was not cooking many vegetables for my family. So in the fall I started to focus on recipes that included more vegetables. I hope I am not alone in this, but we joke that my husband has the palate of a 12-year-old. It has been an adventure to find foods that are good for us and that he will eat. We started with baby steps, simple swaps like sweet potatoes instead of white potatoes or cauliflower rice instead of white rice.
I also read something that caught my eye. A clinical study showed that Mazola® Corn Oil reduces cholesterol 2x more than extra virgin olive oil. I knew it would be another simple swap that would work for our family. To learn more about the research, see Mazola.com. All Mazola® oils are cholesterol free making them a healthful tradition. I like to useMazola® Corn Oil because the flavor is neutral and it lets the natural flavor of your food stand out.
Chicken Broccoli and Sweet Potato Sheet Pan Dinner
I love this Chicken Broccoli and Sweet Potato Sheet Pan Dinner recipe not only because it is delicious, but because it is one pan. That is my type of clean up. This year I have gotten better about meal prepping so I clean and chop most of my vegetables and chicken on the same day. So, this meal is literally 1 pan and some storage containers that I put into the dishwasher. We say that whoever cooks, does not have to clean, but my version of cleaning up and my husband’s version are very different so the fewer dishes the better for all of us.
I served it last week when my dad came over for dinner and he loved it too. It was so sweet to watch three generations all enjoying a healthy meal that took me just over 30 minutes to make. We served it over vegetable pasta. You could eat it over a version of pasta, vegetable rice of just by itself.
- 2 boneless, skinless chicken breasts, cubed
- 3-4 cups of broccoli, fresh or frozen
- 1 large sweet potato, cubed 1/4 inch
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 3 Tbsp. nuts, chopped
- 1/3 cup Mazola® Corn Oil, we bought the 40oz container
- 1 1/2 tsp Italian seasoning
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp pepper
How to Make Chicken Broccoli and Sweet Potato Sheet Pan Dinner
- Pre-heat oven to 375
- Line a baking sheet or dish with parchment paper
- On the pan, combine broccoli, sweet potatoes, onion, garlic, nuts. Drizzle with Mazola® Corn Oil. Add Italian seasoning, salt and pepper.
Tip: I used frozen broccoli. Simply rinse it to help defrost. It saves on chopping time. I also used mixed nuts instead of just one type. Use your favorite.
- Cover with foil and bake for 12 minutes
- After 12 minutes remove from the oven and add your chicken. Toss everything together and over with foil again. Cook for another 8 minutes.
- After 8 minutes toss everything again and remove foil. Cook for another 5-10 minutes or until chicken is fully cooked and sweet potatoes are soft.
- Serve plain or over vegetable pasta or vegetable rice.
Tip: You can also add tomato sauce over top. That is my husband’s favorite way to enjoy it.
I would love to hear your favorite food swap in the comments below.
Recipe adapted by The Real Food RDS