This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone for How to Organize Kids Clothes + Free Printable. #BackToSchoolGoals #CollectiveBias
I cannot believe that school starts in less than a month. Back to school time in our house means time to set new goals. One of my summer goals is to get our daughter’s clothes organized. We are so lucky to have older cousins that give us hand me downs so we don’t need to buy much. Before we go back to school shopping I always like to take inventory of the clothes and shoes we have. Then we start our organization process. As our daughter has gotten older we have gotten better about not over buying. When I originally started this process I used to have to separate the bins into tops and bottoms because she had so many clothes.
I am excited to partner with Scotch™ Brand. I love their mission to Get set for Success, go beyond the basics. Written goals are 42% more likely to to stick.* Make it stick with Post-it® Brand.
Supplies to Organize Kids Clothes
- Printable labels by size – Free Printable for Baby Clothes – Girls or Free Printable for Baby Clothes – Boys
- Clear Storage Bins
- Scotch™ Brand Tape. You can use Scotch® Magic™ Tape or Scotch™ Double Sided Tape
- Post-it® Super Sticky Notes
How to Organize Kids Clothes
- Take inventory and determine what size clothes you should be packing away. Over the years I have learned which brands run big or small so I do not strictly put things away by size.
- Print labels for the sizes of clothes you are packing away.
- I separate the clothes into four piles. a. Clothes to pack away, which I place directly into the bin. b. Monogrammed clothes to save. c. Rewash pile. Anything with a stain I use my favorite miracle stain remover and then rewash. d. Giveaway. If there are clothes B never wore I give them away to a local charity.
4. Once you are finished place the top on the bin and store.
Discover more Back to School Goals.
Where to Shop to Organize Kids Clothes
This is a great time to organize with all the back to school supplies in the front of the store and in the school supplies section at Walmart.
Pin for Later: How to Organize Kids Clothes
*Matthews, G. (2007). The impact of commitment, accountability, and written goals on goal achievement. Paper presented at the 87th Convention of Western Psychological Association, Vancouver, B.C., Canada.